Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 6:04:12 PM EDT
This looks like a cool option if you plan to run an Omega 9/45k primarily with 300blk.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
This is eliminates the  main reason I have not bought a 9k. My 9mm’s are tri lug but everything else has ASR.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Very interested. Will this work with a standard 30 cal asr brake? That way I can use my omega 9k and saker asr on the same gun, essentially. I haven’t been able to find any information on silencerco’s website on this though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
got an Omega 9k in jail, def want one of these mounts for my 300blk pistol
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, the .30 caliber brake or flash hider is about .055" too small.  You will need an ASR mount for 9mm: 1/2x36 (AC1562), 13.5LH (AC1561) or 1/2x28 (AC1570).
View Quote
Do you mean that the 9k ASR mount won't fit on a 30cal muzzle device? Or are you saying the 9mm bullet won't fit through the 30cal hole?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:01:40 AM EDT
[#8]
The new ASR mount that is compatible with the Omega 9k/45k will also work on the Harvester and should work on the Octane as well. I did see a shorter pronged flash hider and a single chamber muzzle brake that indicated to me it may not work on all of the current full length flash hiders and brakes. The ASR threads and lock profile seem to be the same as all other ASR stuff, just shorter to accommodate the smaller pistol sized blast chambers as compared to the rifle sized blast chambers it was originally designed for. We’ll see when full details are released.

ETA: I couldn’t find the flash hider so I may have dreamed it, but pics of the new mount and single chamber brake are out there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:02:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The new ASR mount that is compatible with the Omega 9k/45k will also work on the Harvester and should work on the Octane as well. I did see a shorter pronged flash hider and a single chamber muzzle brake that indicated to me it may not work on all of the current full length flash hiders and brakes. The ASR threads and lock profile seem to be the same as all other ASR stuff, just shorter to accommodate the smaller pistol sized blast chambers as compared to the rifle sized blast chambers it was originally designed for. We'll see when full details are released.
View Quote
This would be an unfortunate design decision. The only reason I'd be interested in this is because I have several 300blk guns that have ASR mounts and it would be nice to have the option for a shorter, lighter, albeit louder option than a fullsize omega when those qualities are more important.

Unless of course Silencerco would be willing to switch out a bunch of my full length muzzle devices for the short ones (assuming the short ones are compatible both ways).
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This would be an unfortunate design decision. The only reason I'd be interested in this is because I have several 300blk guns that have ASR mounts and it would be nice to have the option for a shorter, lighter, albeit louder option than a fullsize omega when those qualities are more important.

Unless of course Silencerco would be willing to switch out a bunch of my full length muzzle devices for the short ones (assuming the short ones are compatible both ways).
View Quote
The short brakes are compatible both ways, meaning a Hybrid/Omega/Saker/Specwar with an ASR mount can attach to a full length brake and a short brake. Remember it is my opinion that the pistol cans may not mount to full length hiders and brakes. I don’t know this as fact. I hope they are all compatible, just waiting on SilencerCo to actually launch these since SHOT with solid information.

Also, I couldn’t find the flash hider so I may have dreamed it, but pics of the new mount and single chamber brake are out there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#11]
It wouldn't be too hard for one of the clever machinists who support the Form 1 builders to make an adapter to thread the Omega ASR mount into the 9k and provide the additional depth clearance and subsequently expand the blast chamber.  Of course this starts to approach Omega direct thread length.

Direct thread with a Harvester mount is the shortest configuration but a 3 lug isn't much bigger and the Griffin 3 lug is all 17-4 and rated for 556 use by Griffin.  Is the pictured mount on a 556 and has Silencerco indicated it can handle that?

ETA: A Griffin Tapermount in Ti for this can would be a nice short, simple and light mount up.

If this threads into Omega 9k and Harvester it will thread into Octane.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Will it work with the Octane 9 and 45?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Will it work with the Octane 9 and 45?
View Quote
Yes, the Octane, Harvester, and Omega K’s all share the same base thread profile. For example, Harvester direct thread mounts will work in the base of the Octane though it’s not explicitly stated by SilencerCo that they are compatible.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It wouldn't be too hard for one of the clever machinists who support the Form 1 builders to make an adapter to thread the Omega ASR mount into the 9k and provide the additional depth clearance and subsequently expand the blast chamber.  Of course this starts to approach Omega direct thread length.

Direct thread with a Harvester mount is the shortest configuration but a 3 lug isn't much bigger and the Griffin 3 lug is all 17-4 and rated for 556 use by Griffin.  Is the pictured mount on a 556 and has Silencerco indicated it can handle that?

ETA: A Griffin Tapermount in Ti for this can would be a nice short, simple and light mount up.

If this threads into Omega 9k and Harvester it will thread into Octane.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure the pictured host is 300blk, but I would still be interested to know whether or not the 3 lug adapter is rated for 300 supers and/or 556. I can't find any info anywhere about the construction of the new 3lug. The old one was aluminum.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I think you are probably correct that the pictured host is a 300 BO.  It looks like the Dakota Tactical D300s that Silencerco has on their website. I was hoping it was a 556.  There have been anecdotal reports on Reddit of people shooting the Omega 9k on 16" 556.

Griffin has 5/8 X 24 3-lug muzzle devices that mate up tight with both theirs and Rugged's 3-lug mounts.  The old Octane 3- lug fits a little loose but it's usually used on a 4.5" 9mm AR or 4.5" rimfire AR.  I actually like the old SiCo 3-lug for rimfire as its less subject to getting crapped  up.  On a short PCC upper the extra length is no big deal particular with how long the Octane is to start.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone have a picture of the short 9mm brake?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a picture of the short 9mm brake?
View Quote
I’ll see if I can post one today at work. I was hoping one of the dealers here had some first hand experience and photos of them but they may also be sworn to secrecy! Stand by for edit...

Edit: Sorry for grainy picture, it is a screen grab from social media. Mount on the left, brake on the right.

Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I’ll see if I can post one today at work. I was hoping one of the dealers here had some first hand experience and photos of them but they may also be sworn to secrecy! Stand by for edit...

Edit: Sorry for grainy picture, it is a screen grab from social media. Mount on the left, brake on the right.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4631/26488796108_19e61c02ae_b.jpg
View Quote
I'd love to have smaller ASR muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#19]
3-lug seems like the lighter option for 9mm.   This would be nice for a 45 ACP host.  FWIW griffin has a 45 ACP 3-lug option that'll work on the Octane as well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'd love to have smaller ASR muzzle devices.
View Quote

Same here. I would love some smaller muzzle devices for my 5.56 and 300 BLK pistol and SBR builds.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4631/26488796108_19e61c02ae_b.jpg
View Quote
Those are awesome. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the short 1 chamber brake only going to be for 9mm ASR mouting? I was hoping it will be released in .30 cal 5/8X24 for my 300blk SBRs.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Short ASR brake = long ASR brake + kitchen table + Dremel.  Beer and black sharpie optional.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is the short 1 chamber brake only going to be for 9mm ASR mouting? I was hoping it will be released in .30 cal 5/8X24 for my 300blk SBRs.
View Quote
Remember this is my opinion: I assume there will be multiple thread and bore combinations as they will be used with the Harvester.

Also, the more I look at that photo of the brake I see features that may only let the new ASR mount work on the short muzzle devices. I see some cuts that they wouldn't normally make possibly to get the OD of the brake to fit into the smaller ID of the ASR mount. Meaning full size ASR mounts (Omega/Hybrid/Saker/Specwar) would work on standard long muzzle devices and short muzzle devices, the small ASR mount (Omega k/Harvester/Octane) would only work on the short muzzle devices. I hope this is not the case, of course this is all speculation on my part.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#25]
A couple of years ago I would have been all over this, but I'm not looking to add any more ASR mounts to the mix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top