Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/24/2022 9:37:30 AM EDT
Saw this on reddit a but ago. One of the quickest "quick-change" barrel options I've seen. Uses all the important AR15 parts. Will have different handguard lengths available to match your barrel length. Saw one of the guys say they will be offering a builders kit as well.

Unfortunately it is likely a year out.

Senex Bullpup Rifle, brand new from Shotshow 2022

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
How much?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#2]
That’s pretty innovative. I like it
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much?
View Quote

I haven't found anything mentioned at all about that. This is a very early 3D printed prototype from what I've read on reddit, so it's probably still a long ways off on pricing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather have it use a short stroke piston like a Bushmaster M17 rather than the direct impingement system, (especially as the bolt carrier is Very much like the M17s.)
How it responds to being manhandled in the field will be interesting to find out, there seem to be a few fiddly parts on it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
It has a lot of potential, but I hope they do more refinement before they even think of releasing it.  The barrel release is...concerning given how easy he unlatched and move the release handle.  Beyond that, my only negative would be that it's direct impingement and I'm not sure if I want that gas right under my nose.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That’s pretty innovative. I like it
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah the DI system is a little odd to me on a bullpup, and concerning when considering suppressor use.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah the DI system is a little odd to me on a bullpup, and concerning when considering suppressor use.
View Quote

Or if you have to switch to your weak side shoulder to shoot...
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Id like to see a working version and showing off say..5 rounds then the barrel swap to say 300 blk..
Is it fully ambi?

I think with the quick change handguards (not in the vid) it should be lowered to the top of the trigger guard (looks like the cheap Turkish shotguns otherwise)
Butt stock could also come down a bit.
Would like more info on weight, Accuracy, durability of the quick change system.
Verification that it works with several common caliber options..(22..223..300blk..6.5grendel..and for fun..458 Socom!!)

Kinda sad this wasn't a fully functional model..Reminds me of Desert Tech circa 2014.
(I.e we got a 3d printed prototype but no functional firearm).
Lets hope he doesn't have their issues.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think with the quick change handguards (not in the vid) it should be lowered to the top of the trigger guard (looks like the cheap Turkish shotguns otherwise)
View Quote

Same. But it needs to be that way to work with the AR FCG due to the linkage i believe. This is what I came up with in paint. more of a angled grip/fascia attachment for the lower MLOK. I also think the buttstock needs to drop down a bit for taller shooters.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Deep in thought?

I like that its DI
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I admire the work he has done, but the rapid printed non functional gun, and total lack of a booth suggest it may have a tough time making it to market.  I have seen a lot of great ideas that just don't have the oomph behind it to make it to actual production.

We have no connection to the work done at Senex, but I wish I could show you guys some of the stuff we have done under NDA, I am hoping some will make the light of day at some point.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

I think it's 3 guys in a garage. So like Keltec, right?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. But it needs to be that way to work with the AR FCG due to the linkage i believe. This is what I came up with in paint. more of a angled grip/fascia attachment for the lower MLOK. I also think the buttstock needs to drop down a bit for taller shooters.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/g36zf18-2252776.jpg
View Quote

What would the handgaurd look like In your example..extended to behind the flash hider?

I Agree on lowering the buttstock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Given it looks like its got enough room for it in the handguard, a short stroke piston and an impact surface gas block might not be that hard to engineer in the aftermarket.
One benifit to the AR gas system is that it pushes the bolt forward against the barrel during unlocking which reduces strain on the locking lugs as long as your gun is timed properly and not over gassed or under sprung/weighted
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Or Accuracy International when they first got started...
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#18]
make the fore end an M-lock accessory.  That way those who want to mount something else in that space don't run into the Tavor SAR issue [Pre X95/T7 covered rail system]

Only issue with dropping the buttpad down like that may be the position of the bolt release and trigger pack removal.  A solution would be to have the supports wrap around the removable button catch button, which would also help "fence" it for protection from the side.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I spoke to a friend of his recently, this is so early. Trade mark was only done late last year and the site wasn’t even up at that time. All I hear is that they have it all figured out and it will hit by the end of this year. I hate to rain on his parade, but no way. It’s so early and a single hiccup that isn’t caught in this phase will cost tens of thousands maybe the company like we have seen recently in other manufacturers. I hope he follows his dream and pulls it off, but I think it’s a very long shot in a crowded market. Mdrx, x95, Aug, m17, keltec, and now Springfield. I don’t see how this will fit in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I spoke to a friend of his recently, this is so early. Trade mark was only done late last year and the site wasn’t even up at that time. All I hear is that they have it all figured out and it will hit by the end of this year. I hate to rain on his parade, but no way. It’s so early and a single hiccup that isn’t caught in this phase will cost tens of thousands maybe the company like we have seen recently in other manufacturers. I hope he follows his dream and pulls it off, but I think it’s a very long shot in a crowded market. Mdrx, x95, Aug, m17, keltec, and now Springfield. I don’t see how this will fit in.
View Quote

Part of that will probably depend on manufacturing costs and end-user cost. Save for the Keltec (and are the M17s actually for sale?) most of those are above $1500, closer to $1800 or $2K. If the cost of making them doesnt run the price up to those levels, they... could have a chance?

By far, the biggest selling point I could see is the partial AR parts compatibility. But how much that helps is debatable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Part of that will probably depend on manufacturing costs and end-user cost. Save for the Keltec (and are the M17s actually for sale?) most of those are above $1500, closer to $1800 or $2K. If the cost of making them doesnt run the price up to those levels, they... could have a chance?

By far, the biggest selling point I could see is the partial AR parts compatibility. But how much that helps is debatable.
View Quote

K&M makes the M17s in 556 and 308. The original Bushmaster is gone from production.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

That should help keeping the costs down.
They could even sell it as a conversion kit…
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#23]
which he DID say they were planning to do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, the company that started making a modernized version is doing them in az. 556 and 308 versions. https://www.kmarms.com/M17S308.html
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I can finally have a bullpup in 6.5 Grendel :)

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I am digging that 11.5" barrel model. I have a KX3 Pig ready to go on it!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#27]
That's pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a 6.8 SPC bullpup if I can make that happen with this setup. The DI AR15 has proven itself to be great, so not a bad idea to stick with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Cool hopefully this works out and they sell kits that only have the bul pup specific parts for a good price
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I think it's pretty badass. This is one of the first times I've heard of a DI bullpup and it using AR Parts it's pretty badass. I'm down for one!
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

K&M makes the M17s in 556 and 308. The original Bushmaster is gone from production.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Junk…
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Why do they have to make bullpup ugly?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Photo from TFB:

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What would the handgaurd look like In your example..extended to behind the flash hider?

I Agree on lowering the buttstock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Id like to see a working version and showing off say..5 rounds then the barrel swap to say 300 blk..
Is it fully ambi?

Would like more info on weight, Accuracy, durability of the quick change system.
Verification that it works with several common caliber options..(22..223..300blk..6.5grendel..and for fun..458 Socom!!)

Kinda sad this wasn't a fully functional model..Reminds me of Desert Tech circa 2014.
(I.e we got a 3d printed prototype but no functional firearm).
Lets hope he doesn't have their issues.
View Quote

This one looks significantly further in development than the MDR when it was first introduced. We can actually see the guts and internals here. They actually removed the barrel in front of the camera.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Y'all heard any news on this guy? I'm hoping they can bring it to market.

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not really, he posted a update in February
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really, he posted a update in February
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448154/CE48E327-6444-42B9-A8F9-D802291340BC_jpe-2337247.JPG

I went ahead and pinged them on Facebook. Looks like they are still shooting for early next year and that we might see some updates in the next few months.

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I don’t mind being surprised but if they can get them out without a major issue, I will be surprised.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Interested, but not hopeful.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I can finally have a bullpup in 6.5 Grendel :)

View Quote

This, a 6.5 grendel bulllup has been at the top of my want list forever. I give it a 1% chance of ever actually seeing these for sale
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#41]
i was wondering how long it would take for someone to do this. so many not-AR18 and not-AK bullpups, you'd think using actual AR or AK parts in a bullpup would be obvious. or in any new gun design for that matter. why redesign something when you already have off-the-shelf solutions?
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Exactly what I've been looking for
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Needs some asthetic love. Be nice if they made the rear portion more triangular instead of a semi circular. That’s one of the best features of the aug. Its like the much later VLTOR stocks and very comfortable to get a cheekweld.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
i was wondering how long it would take for someone to do this. so many not-AR18 and not-AK bullpups, you'd think using actual AR or AK parts in a bullpup would be obvious. or in any new gun design for that matter. why redesign something when you already have off-the-shelf solutions?
View Quote

Agree. No reason to re-invent the wheel in that respect.

I think using AR barrels, FCG, and BCG will keep the initial cost down, plus long term economy of wear/replacement parts.

Because of this, I can see .mil being interested, as the repair parts supply chain already exists.

Interested in the concept and will be watching
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Needs some asthetic love. Be nice if they made the rear portion more triangular instead of a semi circular. That’s one of the best features of the aug. Its like the much later VLTOR stocks and very comfortable to get a cheekweld.
View Quote

I would absolutely agree with that.

The first time I shouldered an AUG (USR) back in the 90's I was like, "what the hell is on my face, it feels so good!"

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Hopefully he will find the people who provided the left handed upper parts to stag, and be able to make a left-handed version of this for minimal extra cost.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I think using AR barrels, FCG, and BCG will keep the initial cost down, plus long term economy of wear/replacement parts.

Because of this, I can see .mil being interested, as the repair parts supply chain already exists.

View Quote

it uses a proprietary BCG, otherwise it wouldn't be able to cycle. i imagine it's like the FM15 bcg.
i doubt that the only thing preventing the military from buying a bullpup is whether or not it uses AR15 parts.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

it uses a proprietary BCG, otherwise it wouldn't be able to cycle. i imagine it's like the FM15 bcg.
i doubt that the only thing preventing the military from buying a bullpup is whether or not it uses AR15 parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, man. A lot of people do consider the logistics of such things. For example, the problems we have getting barrels and things from Steyr.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It sounds like the bolt carrier is the only proprietary part, the bolt, cam, and firing pin are common.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Looks like a cross-eyed Aug mated with a Strike Industries handguard. They need some design help, that's for sure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top