Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 6/17/2023 8:16:59 PM EDT
Been wanting one of these ever since I tried one at my LGS last year. They finally got s'more in this week, so I grabbed one. Yes, I know... I'm supposed to hate BM and refuse to give them a dollar of my money. But the Shootout is so ridiculously lightweight that I have wanted for summer shorts pocket carry. I'm likely done giving BM money after this (been in Microtech mode lately). But I'm happy with this Shootout so far.

Some pics of my current OTF collection, including the BM OTFs that I currently own.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I lost my Zero Tolerance this weekend and got a Shootout to replace it.  I really do like how lightweight it is

Untitled by Frisky Dillo, on Flickr
Untitled by Frisky Dillo, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Benchmade really knocked it out of the park with the Shootout.  Not only is it super lightweight, it is also very reliable for a OTF.  It is difficult to get it to fail.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jagdkommando:
Benchmade really knocked it out of the park with the Shootout.  Not only is it super lightweight, it is also very reliable for a OTF.  It is difficult to get it to fail.
View Quote

I love my Shootout. Always deploys and retracts with a solid "chunk!" And it's so light that it's a pleasure to EDC.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

I love my Shootout. Always deploys and retracts with a solid "chunk!" And it's so light that it's a pleasure to EDC.
View Quote

Hey Red... Any update to this knife? I see you have several to compare it to so your opinion is much more educated than most. how is the fit and finish? how tight is the blade compared to others? does the mechanism feel sturdy? Would you trust your EDC needs to this knife? Thank You
@Red_Label
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#6]
Originally Posted By BIGGUNZZ:

Hey Red... Any update to this knife? I see you have several to compare it to so your opinion is much more educated than most. how is the fit and finish? how tight is the blade compared to others? does the mechanism feel sturdy? Would you trust your EDC needs to this knife? Thank You
@Red_Label
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BIGGUNZZ:
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

@Red_Label

@BIGGUNZZ

It's been a great knife. I use it to cut all kinds of things around the house, open packages, etc. It's EXTREMELY lightweight (polymer body + thin blade). Feels very sturdy in the hand, despite its featherweight. If I knew that I was gonna have to use it to defend my life, would I choose it over my Microtech OTFs and BM Infidels? Nah. Those are all daggers and more heavily built. But the Shootout is an awesome knife and it's always on me when I'm at home. My Microtech Delta Dirac is what's usually on me when I'm out and about. But whenever actual cutting needs to be done, the Shootout gets the call.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Great!! Thank you for your prospective and insight.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top