Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2018 10:49:43 PM EDT
Anyone have somefeed back on them? Reliability is what I am looking at.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:17:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only seen 5 or 6 of the Auto Ord/Kahr Thompsons and they have all had reliability issues.

Mine, and others have had their sights fall off.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one and it was a complete POS, from the front sight spinning around the barrel to the pot metal magazine catch.  Heavy, stupid, and for posers.

Find something else to do with your money.  These aren't "Thompsons."
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Will do thanks for the replies guys.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 1927 factory SBR I bought in 2008, never had a problem with the drum mags I use, they are Taiwanese from Numrich Arms. I have owned 2 others with 16 inch barrels
and the first one sucked and got rid of it but that was years ago. The other I sold to my ex brother in law, it was an M1 and it ran fine with modified stick mags.
Kahr Arms built ones seem to be a lot better, I know the customer service is.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get them running reliably. But yeah sometimes they have issues out of the box. I think they are fun and nice for the collection. A lot more affordable than the full-autos. But if you have the money then the real deal machine guns are much better.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I sbr’d an older Thompson a couple of years ago. I love shooting mine, but it has been a project to iron out a couple of kinks. It will never be a go-to gun for any kind of tactical encounter but it is a total blast. I’m currently building another sbr using one of their aluminum framed pistols. The aluminum frames make them literally half the weight and somewhat practical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top