Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2018 11:16:24 AM EDT
Hey guys after getting those steel plates for cheap ( $80)  I just received the veritas vest.    It's not bad. Def uncomfortable on the sides as I didn't buy the cummerbund.   Only issue is my own doing as the rear steel plate doesn't fit because it's not a shooters cut ( basically just a steel square).  Next buy will be the cummerbund.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah and it's a bitch to attach those side clips if you've got it all the way tight like I do.

Cumberbund is definitely on my wish list, but I'm waiting on a coupon code or sale.

Don't wanna pay almost as much for the cumberbund as I did for the PC itself.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I forgot about those side clips. Awful design.  Cant clip them when I have them set properly to my size.  So when i loosened them up to be able to clip them I couldn't reach behind far enough to tighten them properly to my size.

Just had an idea ( besides just buying the cummerbund)  I've seen some vests / bags with clips that you tighten by pulling towards the front of you instead of to the rear with restricted reach.

Could this be possible with the  veritas?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You'd have to stitch the webbing in differently, but the GGG minimalist tightens forward.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'd have to stitch the webbing in differently, but the GGG minimalist tightens forward.
View Quote
Dam. I didn't look to see if the clips were completely removable AND swappable.  If so it would alleviate those issues ( hint hint ar500).
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]
How long did it take them to ship out to you?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered last wed.  Came yesterday ( Tuesday)
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dam. I didn't look to see if the clips were completely removable AND swappable.  If so it would alleviate those issues ( hint hint ar500).
View Quote
Yes, they are completely removable. I reversed them because it's a little easier for me to clip them if they're reversed, but if you leave the straps loose so that you can tighten afterwards then you have to roll the loose straps every time and that takes too much effort and time.

I've gotten used to the side buckles.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, they are completely removable. I reversed them because it's a little easier for me to clip them if they're reversed, but if you leave the straps loose so that you can tighten afterwards then you have to roll the loose straps every time and that takes too much effort and time.

I've gotten used to the side buckles.
View Quote
Yeah I reversed mine as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Just reversed mine.  Awesome to tighten BUT can't reach to clip them now. Lol.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just reversed mine.  Awesome to tighten BUT can't reach to clip them now. Lol.
View Quote
Try dropping the rear of the PC as low on your back as possible until the top of the front plate is at your throat. Then clip it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm really diggin mine.  I got in on the preorder in Nov or December and ordered it with the LVL III+ plates with built up coating, and cummerbund for 270ish IIRC.  Originally they said it was going to come in, in Feb but it showed up on my door step almost a month earlier than that.  I've been using it on shift as a work out weighted vest and using it around my property a little.  Comfortable and yeah the cummerbund made a big difference in comfort and donning speed for me.  I do wish the shoulder strap buckles were on the front, it would make doffing a lot quicker but would probably cause some comfort issues.

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I just received my AR500 Level IV's and
I am also looking at the Veritas PC.

Does the cummerbund allow you to don
over your head & tighten to your body
with the velcro flaps?

Just wanting to make sure I understand.

Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#13]
That's how I've been doing it, but I'm a PC newbie. I leave my LH side of c-bund attached (more for consistent placement of pouches) and shoulder straps fastened, then come in from the side/bottom and don the RH side of the c-bund since it's slick (nothing to get in the way of belt pistol draw).

@jeepinbanditrider that's how I want to set mine up. I ordered it w/ the double-decker tacos but it feels super-bloaty, especially if you use the kangaroo pocket for mags as well. Would rather run a shingle and put pistol mags on my LH side or belt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's how I've been doing it, but I'm a PC newbie. I leave my LH side of c-bund attached (more for consistent placement of pouches) and shoulder straps fastened, then come in from the side/bottom and don the RH side of the c-bund since it's slick (nothing to get in the way of belt pistol draw).

@jeepinbanditrider that's how I want to set mine up. I ordered it w/ the double-decker tacos but it feels super-bloaty, especially if you use the kangaroo pocket for mags as well. Would rather run a shingle and put pistol mags on my LH side or belt.
View Quote
I used to run double decker tacos on my battle belt and sold them off and replaced them with singles and rearranged some of my gear.  Same reason they added a lot more width to the setup than I thought they would and it made it awkward to just walk around.  So now I run 2 rifle and 2 pistol on the battle belt with 3 more rifle on the plate carrier.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered a Veritas & cummerbund kit
all in coyote.

Thanks for the input.

P.S. TwangnBang has a nice review on the
Veritas & the cummerbund.

Link

John
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just ordered a Veritas & cummerbund kit
all in coyote.

Thanks for the input.

P.S. TwangnBang has a nice review on the
Veritas & the cummerbund.

Link

John
View Quote
His review is one of the reasons why I bought one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I have met him a few times.

He's a really good guy.

John

Quoted:

His review is one of the reasons why I bought one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I received my Veritas today.

Really nice kit!

John
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Complete veritas carrier (including cummerbund) with pouches now $99.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
This caught me eye.  I have a Banshee carrier but I don't use side plates, this combo deal looks like it would be a good setup for the money.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine was $112 shipped.
And it shipped fast.

John

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a random update. I bought the cummerbund for the vest ( of course I accidentally clicked the wrong color but will rock it anyways). The cummerbund is a game changer with that vest.  Went from awkward and uncomfortable to almost perfect. If anyone has this vest without I would highly recommend getting the cummerbund.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top