Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2024 9:38:10 PM EDT
I had a gen 2 8" mpx a few years ago but sold it, regretted it the moment funds changed hands.
Just ordered a new MPX with a 6" barrel and a fake suppressor. Don't care for that, but prefer a slightly longer barrel than the 4.5".
Comes with sights and 4 mags, which is nice.
3 questions.
1. Looks like sig has changed the mags to 35 rd and the look different, are they are reliable as the old lancer made ones?
2. How are is it going to be to remove the fake suppressor? I'm assuming it's left hand threads, so righty loosey?
3. I have an Obsidian 9, if I get the fake suppressor off, I assume I can just get an endcap of the correct pitch and thread it on?

Thanks
Hopefully get to pick it up sometime this week.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:02:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The mags work great.  That’s all I got for ya.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Mags seem fine although I don’t have a ton of time with mine.  I haven’t seen a bad review yet.

Should be LH threads.  I can’t find the specific model you’re talking about, but so long as it’s factory Sig, I don’t know why they’d change it up.

If you’re DT the can, you’ll need a taper shoulder adapter unless the DT module you’re getting is made for tapered barrels.  Most aren’t.  ILWT seems to get the most recs and the one I have worked perfect.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I'll have to look about the taper adapter.

This is the model. It appears to be some kind of custom, I assume from sig for some distributor.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/411561112/kroll+exclusive+sig+sauer+mpx+9mm+pistol+6.5in+barrel+3+mags
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#4]
The problem with LH threads on the muzzle is that as you try and tighten the can onto the gun, you’re simultaneously loosening the end cap off of the can. It’s a pain in the rear. If you are dedicating the can to the gun you can loktite it. If not, accuracy will be piss, you may damage your can, and you’ll never be happy.

Strongly recommend a three lug adapter on the barrel, with a matching end cap on your can.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shackelford762:
The problem with LH threads on the muzzle is that as you try and tighten the can onto the gun, you're simultaneously loosening the end cap off of the can. It's a pain in the rear. If you are dedicating the can to the gun you can loktite it. If not, accuracy will be piss, you may damage your can, and you'll never be happy.

Strongly recommend a three lug adapter on the barrel, with a matching end cap on your can.
View Quote

Thanks. Went ahead and just ordered the Rugged 3 lug setup Yesterday. Delivery hopefully for Saturday.
I'm going to end up getting another Obsidian 9 to dedicate to the mpx most likely.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Got it yesterday. Nice trigger compared to my old Gen 2. Need to save up $200 and stamp it.
Put my old brace setup on it and a spare Romeo 5.
Already got the 3 lug coming in so I can remove the fake suppressor.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#7]
That's excellent! Was there the original SIG box and label with the build date? That appears to be the latest ejector design.

Griff
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Griff411:
That's excellent! Was there the original SIG box and label with the build date? That appears to be the latest ejector design.

Griff
View Quote

Yes, it was a huge box. Ill try to look at the build date this weekend. I'm trying to resist the urge to piss $200 I don't have away and fill out a form 1 this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
This is just my opinion, but there are enough benefits at this time to make it worth keeping it at a pistol. That may change, but for the time being, that's what I'd do. There are a number of brace options, but HERE is one.

Griff
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#10]
This is just my opinion, but there are enough benefits at this time to make it worth keeping it at a pistol. That may change, but for the time being, that's what I'd do. There are a number of brace options, but HERE is one.

Griff
View Quote

SIG jumped back into the brace game themselves. Can find the original on their webstore again and a new version with the button to fold it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Griff
View Quote

The sba3 setup i have works good as intended and other ways really good.
I like using a vertical foregrip due to the way i broke my left wrist as a teenager. Thats really the only reason i want to sbr it
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:33:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#12]
I enjoy mine, will probably SBR it and tuck a can

I recommend these for increased reliability:

https://inleadwetrust.com/product/mpx-extractor-springs-and-insert/
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Build date of 04/2023
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
Build date of 04/2023
View Quote

That should give you all of the most recent updates. Like I said, that's an intriguing variation on the standard models. If I was shopping for an MPX today, that could very well be my choice. Congratulations!

Griff
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Did sig ever offer a factory 10" Mlok rail? I don't really like the looks of the MI and would like just a little more rail when the suppressor is attached.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#16]
Did sig ever offer a factory 10" Mlok rail? I don't really like the looks of the MI and would like just a little more rail when the suppressor is attached.
View Quote

No, 4" and 8" only. I think Lancer has a 10".

Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MagnusActual:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MagnusActual:

Thanks. That is what my research says. Might just get the MI one and be done.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#18]
My 3 lug stuff came in. Got my obsidian mounted. Damn this thing is front end heavy. Looks good though.
Just submitted my form 1 today. Will get prints done and shipped tomorrow.

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#19]
What do yall think of the lancer handguards? I dont care for the look of carbon fiber but it might help some of the front end heaviness
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I heard the factory muzzle device is a bitch to get off.  I assume yours wasn't too bad because of the fake suppressor?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ENGCPT:
I heard the factory muzzle device is a bitch to get off.  I assume yours wasn't too bad because of the fake suppressor?
View Quote

Nope. Easy. Didn't look like Sig used rockset on the fake suppressor.
The metric threads are still dumb though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ENGCPT:
View Quote

The standard FH on my regular K model spun off pretty easy.

I think the MCX is where a lot of people have issues.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Form 1 approved today, 8 days.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Finally got to the indoor range we have in town.
The MPX is just too much fun.
It's really gassy though. Enough to water my eyes after a few shots.
Probably going to try the RTV silicone on the charging handle trick and save up for an adjustable gas block.
Also the Maglula for this is awesome.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Probably going to try the RTV silicone on the charging handle trick and save up for an adjustable gas block.

https://i.imgur.com/aE7DLy4h.jpg?1

View Quote

MPX seems heavily can dependent on its gassyness. My Octane 9 on it was unusable but a Gemtech MK9K was fantastic and had next to no blowback.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

MPX seems heavily can dependent on its gassyness. My Octane 9 on it was unusable but a Gemtech MK9K was fantastic and had next to no blowback.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

https://i.imgur.com/aE7DLy4h.jpg?1

Interesting. Im new to cans so I don't know much about them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Look at In Lead We Trust.  They sell an adjustable gas block, which in my experience has transformed my overgassed MPX.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By KSPeacekeeper:

Look at In Lead We Trust.  They sell an adjustable gas block, which in my experience has transformed my overgassed MPX.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KSPeacekeeper:

Yea that's the one I'll get. Did you have to have your gas port opened up to use it?
To help reduce the gas, do I want to go down in port size or up with the adjustable gas block?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Yea that's the one I'll get. Did you have to have your gas port opened up to use it?
To help reduce the gas, do I want to go down in port size or up with the adjustable gas block?
View Quote

No I didn't open the barrel up, drop in replacement.  A smaller gas port will reduce the amount of gas that is put back into the system and make it less gassy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top