Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2021 7:27:19 PM EDT
Sometime ago I sold my last M1A (a preban), and like always I found myself missing one.  I've owned many prebans and a few more recent post ban guns - never had anything break or an issue with any of them.  I prefer the older guns with USGI parts but sometimes you take what you can get.  I can across this one in a LGS on consignment.  No USGI parts other than the fiberglass stock and handguard, but it wanted to come home with me (ok, I wanted it to come home with me).  It appears to be a 2017 made Squad Scout from the label on the box.  This one came in a box with a Springfield Armory black soft case.  The previous owner had taken off the Scout mount and plastic Springfield Armory stock and put on the GI stock and handguard.  He also affixed the leather cheek rest and put on a Sadlak steel airborne mount with a Japanese made Weaver Euro Super Slam 1.5-6x24mm scope and vortex 30mm tactical rings - so probably at new retail $900 in the optic and mount system.  In today's market I don't think the price was too bad, I'm in to it for $1700.  Got to get it out to the range and find some more good mags for it since I had sold mine.

Earl

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice I posted mine in someone's thread in GD yesterday, SOCOM 16.
Not sure how Im going to set it up. Probably taking off the scout type mount and putting G.I. handguard on. May run just irons and or may put a rmr setup on it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.  I wish I had gotten one just a few months ago when PSA was running them for $1200.  I've had a few of the SOCOM's before too, always liked them.  

Earl

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure how Im going to set it up. Probably taking off the scout type mount and putting G.I. handguard on. May run just irons and or may put a rmr setup on it.
]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/10WHtst.jpg
View Quote

Are those soft cases available from Springfield?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#4]
They don't appear to be listed on the Springfield Armory website...strange as they'd definitely sell alot of them to people with rifles that don't have a case.  I'm pretty sure they used to as I know I've had Springfield Armory M1A cases before and thought I had ordered them from S/A.  The one I have that came with mine is the same as what Tango has pictured.  It's a really nice case with zippered pouches for manual, mags, accessories, etc.

Earl

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

No clue, funny mine came with the case in a plain shipping box. Kinda thought it would be in a Springfield box even with the case but no.

The case is cheap and thin. Nothing like a Blackhawk bag.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They don't appear to be listed on the Springfield Armory website...strange as they'd definitely sell alot of them to people with rifles that don't have a case.  I'm pretty sure they used to as I know I've had Springfield Armory M1A cases before and thought I had ordered them from S/A.  The one I have that came with mine is the same as what Tango has pictured.  It's a really nice case with zippered pouches for manual, mags, accessories, etc.

Earl

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Earl

Quoted:

My Scout came with the same case. I think it's a good case.  OP, you got a steal on that rifle! I paid more than that for mine, bone stock with wood. Any info on the glass? Is it a good scope?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No clue, funny mine came with the case in a plain shipping box. Kinda thought it would be in a Springfield box even with the case but no.

The case is cheap and thin. Nothing like a Blackhawk bag.
View Quote

I think it's a good, light bag for the range. I'm not gonna be dodging fire, dragging it across the berm  with my buds giving suppressive fire while I whip mine out of a Blackhawk bag and settle in for those sniper-shot kills.
That said, I do want a Blackhawk bag for mine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't taken it to the range yet but it seems to be good glass.  The online ratings for it are pretty good.  When Weaver came back it was the top of their line, made in Japan using a German #4 reticle, FFP, 1/4 MOA adjustments, center dot with several illumination settings - both green and red.  Looks like it retailed for $500-$550.

Earl

Quoted:

My Scout came with the same case. I think it's a good case.  OP, you got a steal on that rifle! I paid more than that for mine, bone stock with wood. Any info on the glass? Is it a good scope?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I haven't taken it to the range yet but it seems to be good glass.  The online ratings for it are pretty good.  When Weaver came back it was the top of their line, made in Japan using a German #4 reticle, FFP, 1/4 MOA adjustments, center dot with several illumination settings - both green and red.  Looks like it retailed for $500-$550.

Earl

View Quote

Thanks. I'm gonna see if I can find it online somewhere. I like the way it looks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Might be a used one on eBay.  When I was looking for info on it I could tell it’s been discontinued.  In fact, looks like they are again no longer producing Weaver scopes.  They are owned by ATK and it appears ATK elected to put their money in the Bushnell line instead of Weaver.  
Earl

Quoted:

Thanks. I'm gonna see if I can find it online somewhere. I like the way it looks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think it's a good, light bag for the range. I'm not gonna be dodging fire, dragging it across the berm  with my buds giving suppressive fire while I whip mine out of a Blackhawk bag and settle in for those sniper-shot kills.
That said, I do want a Blackhawk bag for mine.
View Quote

Im a little biased. I knew Mike Noel from Blackhawk back when he started out. Its a light bag sorta like a Uncle Mikes.
Not saying its terrible.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Im a little biased. I knew Mike Noel from Blackhawk back when he started out. Its a light bag sorta like a Uncle Mikes.
Not saying its terrible.
View Quote

ATK ruined Blackhawk. They’re busy ruining Eagle Industries now too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ATK ruined Blackhawk. They’re busy ruining Eagle Industries now too.
View Quote

Yup I left the ship when he sold out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice, I got a NM in 2002, I need to get a bipod for it

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top