Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2021 12:38:34 AM EDT
I recently accuired a M107A1 29" and cannot decide on an optic, obviously the barrett isnt a precision system so something like an s&b pm2 is out the window in my opinion. Id like something with a some what simple reticle, i think h59 or T3 is pointless for this application. Maybe leupold mk4 lr/t, vortex razor gen1 or 2?

I have a viper PST gen one 4-16x50 that i stole off another rifle just to play with the barrett and seemed fine but im not sure how much 50bmg that can withstand.

thanks for any help, long range stuff is semi new to me
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like what you want is the big ACOG. If that isn’t precise enough you need a real scope after all. Like a ZCO. I like the reticles.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had good luck so far with my plane Jane vortex viper. The warranty is supposed to be top notch but I've never had to test that yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I would look at the Bushnell DMR II on clearance at Midway USA.  They are Japanese built at LOW and will take abuse better than many other brands.  I consider them a direct competitor to the Razor line from Vortex. It's quite a bit of scope for $800.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have a viper PST gen one 4-16x50 that i stole off another rifle just to play with the barrett and seemed fine but im not sure how much 50bmg that can withstand.

View Quote
That scope is just fine for the M82A1 if the magnification and clarity are fine with you.  Vortex themselves says "absolutely no issue" using that scope on a 50 BMG.  Even if it did have an issue, they'd cover it under warranty.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Sightron SIII 6-24 with MOA2 or Mil-hash reticle in Burris XTR signature rings.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:44:48 AM EDT
[#7]
The 6X ACOG for the 50 is nice because of the BDC, weighs a ton though and has limited magnification.  I got 2 of them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would look at the Bushnell DMR II on clearance at Midway USA.  They are Japanese built at LOW and will take abuse better than many other brands.  I consider them a direct competitor to the Razor line from Vortex. It's quite a bit of scope for $800.
View Quote

I just received, mounted and zeroed one of these on my M82, and from all I can tell it's very well built and an fantastic value.  I've seen the particular deal on it from Midway posted a few times in the past weeks and finally got around do doing some research on it. I found this incredibly comprehensive review (Scope field test) of several riflescopes, which included the Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR (note this is not the "DMR II") 3.5-21x50, and decided I couldn't let the deal pass me by.  It's heavy, but it's going on a Barrett so not an issue for me.  One thing the review showed is that it tracks very well, and definitely punches above its price class, especially with the clearance sale pricing.  While this was the previous iteration, the DMR, I'm hoping the same or better performance from the DMR II.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That scope is just fine for the M82A1 if the magnification and clarity are fine with you.  Vortex themselves says "absolutely no issue" using that scope on a 50 BMG.  Even if it did have an issue, they'd cover it under warranty.
View Quote

I'm using the Gen1 Razor 5-20x50 in a Larue Mount.  No issues after almost 200 rds.  Still holding a zero.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top