Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2020 7:14:14 PM EDT
Just ordered a new DSA SA58 to round off my semi-auto lineup before Bidet is sworn in.  I got a NIB SA58 Traditional model with 18" barrel and fixed stock from Gunbroker.  Noticed on DSA's website all standard SA58 rifles feature a chrome lined, 4150 - 11595E Mil-Spec Barrel.  I contacted DSA to see when they started shipping with chrome lined barrels and their rep told me they started shipping all standard rifles with the new barrels in July, so the one I got if it is indeed brand new should have a chrome lined bore.

Pretty cool to see this now as barrel life should be much longer on the DSA rifles.  The rep did tell me, though, this only applies to their standard and Improved series rifles.  The Cold Warrior series rifles still come with the old barrels.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my new SA58 in and it does indeed have a chrome lined barrel.  Very cool.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I do miss my FALs...
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do miss my FALs...
View Quote

Not all who wander are lost
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit. Every time I fight off FAL fever, you guys reel me back in. Maybe my FNC does need a big brother...
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Come back to the dark side, guys
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#6]
My kiddo has a DSA Para on the way with the chrome lined barrel option.

I'll have him post up a review when it gets in.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My kiddo has a DSA Para on the way with the chrome lined barrel option.

I'll have him post up a review when it gets in.
View Quote

Yeah I'd like to know how the accuracy is on them.  I probably won't be able to test the long range accuracy on mine until Spring this year.

ETA: ordered some quality of life upgrades for the SA58: T48 aluminum trigger guard, enhanced magazine release, and the SAW grip
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do miss my FALs...

Ha ha, funny, I have a sticker that says that; "Not all who wander are lost"
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice looking rifle.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice looking rifle.
View Quote

Thanks!  Got a DSA quad rail for it, now I just need to find one of the extreme duty scope mounts.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ha ha, funny, I have a sticker that says that; "Not all who wander are lost"
View Quote

I have a that hanging on a wall in my house.

I have a Para build and what I call the PIG, my 8" SBR Fal, sold my G1 and it pains me all the time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Took the FAL out today and shot it some for the first time.  It ran like a champ!  Gas setting was almost perfect out of the box.  I had to adjust it one click to get the bolt to lock open on an empty mag and it ran flawless.

During shooting I did notice that the handguard was a bit loose, though, and there was very minor movement to it.  Before shooting it was tightly fit with no movement, so the recoil must have made it loose.  Got home and tried to tighten the screw but it would just turn, and I couldn't remove it either.  So the threads seem to be stripped on the screw or inside the gas block as the screw will turn but I can't tighten or remove it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#14]
moved to pic thread
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#15]
That's my favorite FAL configuration.  I have a 18" DSA that I bought right after the sunset of the AWB in 2004.  It's been a great rifle.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's my favorite FAL configuration.  I have a 18" DSA that I bought right after the sunset of the AWB in 2004.  It's been a great rifle.
View Quote

I love mine.  I put the Extreme Duty dust cover on it and a quad rail... and honestly I don't like it.  I think the gun looks way better in the classic configuration like my original pic than it does modernized.  So I'm putting the stock furniture back on and selling the rail and mount.

I also didn't realize how crummy the DSA mags were either until I got some surplus mags.  Wow.  The surplus mags feed so smooth and the fit in the magwell is excellent.  When I hit the mag release they drop themselves free like on an AR.  With the DSA mags I have to pull them out after hitting the mag release like on an AK.  My bet is the duracoat finish on the DSA mags is what kind of hangs them up in the magwell.  They were real tight fitting at first but loosened up with use and I noticed the duracoat wearing off in some of the areas and it seems to be smoothing out as the coating wears out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#17]
That's my experience with the DSA mags. Some of the finish needs to wear off and then they insert and drop free just fine. The 20 round mag I got with my Para had a couple misfeeds initially, but it's fine now. A coworker gave me two more, and I had to reprofile one of the rear feed lips on each. They fed dummy cartridges just fine, so here's to hoping.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#18]
My DSA mags don't drop free but they feed just fine.
Love my Israeli FAL mags though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My DSA mags don't drop free but they feed just fine.
Love my Israeli FAL mags though.
View Quote

Yeah mine have fed fine.  I know a lot of people have complained about them in the past but the few I have for my FAL have run full mags flawlessly once the gas system was correctly adjusted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top