BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 8/12/2020 2:29:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat concept. Any chance you will make pistons for CGS suppressors?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:[/b]We did.  We just didn't have a CGS suppressor for the video.
View Quote

Nice.  I may have to convert a few cans.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
This is really cool.

So to put my Omega 36M (Charlie) Supp on my HK VP9 with it's 13.5x1mm LH German barrel, I'd need:

SiCo (Charlie) Piston Mount (have it)
Griffin CAM-LOK 13.5x1mm LH Barrel Adapter
Griffin CAM-LOK Piston for SiCo

Is that right?

The only "inconvenience" I see is during a pistol tear-down, right?  Just need to unscrew the barrel adapter, tear down, and re-torque barrel adapter to 20 ft lbs.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's exactly correct.  

I think people clean pistols a lot more often than necessary.  I remember old Gunsite videos and stuff like that where the instructors were saying to run about 850 rounds between field stripping the 1911 for cleaning, and outside of that just apply lubrication every hundred rounds or so and punch the bore between range trips.
View Quote

Cool, 'cept you're out of stock on the barrel adapter :)

I think HK's polygonal barrels don't foul quite as fast either.  There's usually not much "cleaning" required after hundreds of rounds anyway. :)
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
So I would need to buy the CAM-LOK for every pistol suppressor.  Is the piston the same for all calibers so I could buy a piston for my 45 Osprey and be able to switch it between a 9 mm and 45 suppressor host?  Or will I still need to buy thread specific pistons.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So I would need to buy the CAM-LOK for every pistol suppressor.  Is the piston the same for all calibers so I could buy a piston for my 45 Osprey and be able to switch it between a 9 mm and 45 suppressor host?  Or will I still need to buy thread specific pistons.
View Quote
No more thread specific pistons. Each pistol gets a cam lok qd mount and and each suppressor gets a cam lok piston.  Just don't put your 9mm can on your .45.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No more thread specific pistons. Each pistol gets a cam lok qd mount and and each suppressor gets a cam lok piston.  Just don't put your 9mm can on your .45.
View Quote

That in itself may be the biggest benefit. Running between calibers or different threaded hosts (1/2x28 and 13.5mm L) without having to swap suppressor components around.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#12]
You read my mind!  I have been thinking about this concept for the past year or so.  Kudos to Griffin Armament for bringing it to market.  I just placed my order!  
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#13]
@Green0

You knew I'd ask

ETA on 13.5x1mm LH Barrel Adapters?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You read my mind!  I have been thinking about this concept for the past year or so.  Kudos to Griffin Armament for bringing it to market.  I just placed my order!  
View Quote

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about a way to incorporate a taper mount for pistol cans for a couple years now. My solution was a taper on every barrel and a tapered piston for that barrel.

This solution is better

I’ll be ordering a few pistons and taper mounts myself. I like how they incorporated a tri lug-like thread design for fast attach. Genius.

Will there be thread protectors for that or just those comps?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds neat- I would like to see if they perform well on my Osprey 45s.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The pistons aren't slotted and are not Osprey compatible.
View Quote
Bummer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Cool, 'cept you're out of stock on the barrel adapter :)

I think HK's polygonal barrels don't foul quite as fast either.  There's usually not much "cleaning" required after hundreds of rounds anyway. :)
View Quote

I take down my pistols after most shooting sessions not so much for the bore, but to wipe down and re-apply CLP to the barrel and slide interior.  Hell you can get the bore without field stripping anyway.

Neat idea, but I'm kinda thinking this just relocates the thread-on problem to the adapter instead of the suppressor.  Would make a long range session with multiple different hosts more fun though.  Just struck me... could this be done with a 3-lug adapter instead of that semi-threaded thing?  Then MP5s and other 3-lugged sub guns could be thrown in the mix with no mount change-outs necessary.  And if this thing already blocks being able to field-strip, not seeing much other downside other than maybe weight, but that wouldn't mean much to me.  Unless it was enough weight to  mess with the cycling of the gun.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah I guess I forgot about 3 lug mounting not actually being a booster.  Could put one of the adapters on the threads forward of the 3-lug, but then that's lengthening the setup considerably, and low profile is one of the best things about 3-lug mounting.

Actually, that said, is using a piston mount on a fixed barrel actively BAD, or just unnecessary?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Greeno, this is awesome!  I will be ordering these for several of my cans and pistols.  You need to make 5em for TiRANT 9 pattern and also for the Osprey.  Then I’d have everything.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Kinda tempting, but of course no 14.5x1L adapters
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Dudes.

It takes a lot to impress me anymore. And I don't use this word as often as I would like.

This CAM system is AWESOME.

Can't wait to see mine. Just ordered.

Would also love to see some engineering miracle to get a Tirant 9 one done.  I understand that challenges but hey- you solved this problem. on to the next one.

Any idea when the CAM comps might be available? I could not find them on the site.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#32]
What immediately jumped out at me is reduced worry about burning my hand.  The can should stay locked on the adapter since it is attached with coarse taper threads, and it no longer requires a significant amount of time to attach and remove a pistol can.  Looks to be one firm twist to attach and remove, which is now much more easily accomplished with a hot pad or whatever.  Since the adapter can be torqued with a common ft-lb torque wrench, I don’t need to worry about it walking off either.

Really cool product.  I hope Griffin Armament sells a ton of them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#33]
This is neat.

Question: What is the future of something like this integrated into the barrel instead of tradition threading?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Yea I hate to use this word but this is a GAMECHANGER.. good on you griffin. I’ll be ordering today!
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dudes.

It takes a lot to impress me anymore. And I don't use this word as often as I would like.

Would also love to see some engineering miracle to get a Tirant 9 one done.  I understand that challenges but hey- you solved this problem. on to the next one.

Any idea when the CAM comps might be available? I could not find them on the site.
View Quote

X2
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Ordered.
1 piston
3 barrel adapters

Will see how it does on my Obsidian 45
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#37]
I wonder if this system would work on a LWRC SMG-45.  It requires a booster piston and spring, but the barrel doesn’t tilt, it slides forward and back.  Not sure how strict the tilt barrel limitation is.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dudes.

View Quote
I believe they could make a tirant 9 piston by utilizing a two piece extended piston. The rear portion would thread into the front portion and allow the QD connection to be screwed in place and torqued. Tolerances would have to be kept extremely tight as it adds another connection to the stack.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#39]
No Ti Rant 9M piston?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I picked these up last week for my octane and ghost and they literally are a snap to use.

People say if it's worth 5s of threading and unthreading.

No but not needing to worry about it threading off on non left-hand threading makes it worth it 100x!
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No Ti Rant 9M piston?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No Ti Rant 9M piston?

Quoted:
Yeah unfortunately the Tirant 9 would need a Tirant 45 rear cap, I believe to work.  They used a .625" or so diameter piston shaft, it's too small for integration of this system.  Having two pistons for 2 cans is kind of dumb.  It screws the customer out of value, but it might help sound performance I'd imagine to the tune of ~1 DB with the smaller piston venting gas better into the booster housing.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2020 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dudes.

View Quote

I just ordered a set to try out on my TiRANT-45s with my HK45CT.  First of many.  Next will be all my Sico cans and lots more pistol thread adapters......

I was stewing on the TiRANT-9 issue and wondered about just offering a replacement rear cap and piston combo?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Is there a piston-silencer compatibility list?

NVM.  Should've read through both linked pages.

ETA this is definitely a game changer.  Way to think outside the box, Griffin guys & gals.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I like it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn this is awesome.  I wish this was out a year ago before I bought a bunch of pistons.

Will this work with fixed barrel spacers?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah this just rocks and I just ordered. Saw this in an earlier video and realized what an industry wide change this is. Well done ??.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It would do you good to read the links provided in the OP.

Use of the CAM-LOK™ system with a fixed spacer on a fixed barrel firearm will cause damage to the suppressor.  This is for use on handguns with title barrel pistols only such as Glock, HK, SIG, 1911, S&W M&P....etc.   A fixed firearm would be a 9mm carbine (PCC), a bolt action, etc.

Of course, it would also do GA good to proofread their website. I’m guessing they didn’t intend to say “title barrel pistols”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn this is awesome.  I wish this was out a year ago before I bought a bunch of pistons.

Will this work with fixed barrel spacers?

It would do you good to read the links provided in the OP.

Use of the CAM-LOK™ system with a fixed spacer on a fixed barrel firearm will cause damage to the suppressor.  This is for use on handguns with title barrel pistols only such as Glock, HK, SIG, 1911, S&W M&P....etc.   A fixed firearm would be a 9mm carbine (PCC), a bolt action, etc.

Of course, it would also do GA good to proofread their website. I’m guessing they didn’t intend to say “title barrel pistols”

Thanks, I skimmed and missed that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is neat.

Question: What is the future of something like this integrated into the barrel instead of tradition threading?
View Quote

I’d think the issue would be that the diameter of the barrel adapter looks greater than the diameter of the barrels, especially 9mm barrels.  If it’s larger than the barrel opening in the front of the slide, you wouldn’t be able to remove the barrel from the slide with the adapter integrated with the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top