Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2018 2:07:57 PM EDT
I completed this build a few days ago and was able to hit the range today to test it out. The only ammo I had  was 150gr American Eagle, but it proved to be very good ammo for break in and general range use. There were no issues with the gun at all. Accuracy was very nice at 50 yds. I'll run it out to 100 next time.

I have to admit that I like this better than my SBR 10.5" suppressed 5.56. This one will not be suppressed.

Build details:
BA Hanson 8.3" barrel
Aero Precision upper
RRA SBR Lower with Larue MBT Trigger (I SBR'd this many many years ago)
Aero Precision 7" Atlas rail
Toolcraft Nitride BCG
KAK Slimline 308 MB
Spikes gas tube
Weaver 1-3x20 w/ AP lightweight mount (this optic is perfect for this gun)

5 shot group. I threw one out

The 3 shot group was a sight in group. Once adjusted, I was able to put them in the center as fast as I could pull the trigger.

Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Good looking gun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice! Very similar to what Im currently building and we have a lot of the same parts:

BA Hanson 8.3" barrel
Aero Precision upper
Larue MBT trigger
Toolcraft Nitride BCG
Spikes gas tube
AP lightweight mount

Mines getting:

Aero lower
Aero Quantum 9" handguard (have a Ghost 9" and also STNGR HWK 10")
SBA3 brace
Kaw Valley compensator
PA 1-6 K.I.S.S reticle
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Why no suppressor in the planning?  That round suppresses nicely even in supersonic. Something like an Omega 9k isn't much longer than that flash can and really takes the edge off supers and suppresses subsonics into hearing safe range.

I'm a big fan of low power optics as well as BA barrels.  Other than ammo cost it's pretty ideal for a maneuverable rifle and you shouldn't have any trouble finding a load that will group around 1-1.5 Moa.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why no suppressor in the planning?  That round suppresses nicely even in supersonic. Something like an Omega 9k isn't much longer than that flash can and really takes the edge off supers and suppresses subsonics into hearing safe range.

I'm a big fan of low power optics as well as BA barrels.  Other than ammo cost it's pretty ideal for a maneuverable rifle and you shouldn't have any trouble finding a load that will group around 1-1.5 Moa.
View Quote
I've really lost interest in suppressors. I purchased my first in 2001 and have several in 9mm, .22, and 5.56. I have no desire or time to engage in another long NFA wait.

I have everything to reload the 300blk round, so not too concerned with the cost of shooting.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice! Very similar to what Im currently building and we have a lot of the same parts:

BA Hanson 8.3" barrel
Aero Precision upper
Larue MBT trigger
Toolcraft Nitride BCG
Spikes gas tube
AP lightweight mount

Mines getting:

Aero lower
Aero Quantum 9" handguard (have a Ghost 9" and also STNGR HWK 10")
SBA3 brace
Kaw Valley compensator
PA 1-6 K.I.S.S reticle
View Quote
Nice choice of parts. You will love it. The BA barrel is a smooth shooter.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nice choice of parts. You will love it. The BA barrel is a smooth shooter.
View Quote
Thanks! Ensuring to hear. Im getting the receiver and rail Cerakoted in Tungsten, got a deal for 50% off services over 4th of July. Im itching to get this thing built and this step of the process isnt helping
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top