Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2018 10:37:35 AM EDT
My neighborhood has been subject to quite a few vehicle breakins and mail theft.  The two most recent occurences where a truck that stopped infront of my house, 2 men getting out and checked the doors and tailgate of my truck.  They walked up to my property with flashlights acting like they own the place.  I got it all on video from my system, but cant positively id the people involved.

This monday a neighbor caught 2 guys in his garage at 0540.  He chase them, but they got into the waiting get away car.  They fired 2 shots as they were fleeing.  Somehow they were caught my police a short time later.

The problem is, my system cannot get good enough video to get a good clear picture of the crooks or license plates of the vehicles.

My neighbors are upset and want to do something.  My idea to them was to install a system at the neighborhood enterance that could get video where the license plates could be easily seen.

The neighborhood poolhouse it at the enterance, so there is already a good place to install the equipment and run wires to cameras.  It would be probably 100ft or less.

You guys have any recommendation on a system that would be well suited for this?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy one with the spell check option.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy one with the spell check option.
View Quote
Yeah i know, submitted before reading.  I turned that feature off on my phone, but i obviously need it.  Lol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a set budget for the cameras as getting plates/faces at night from 100ft away isn't going to be cheap unless you have a lot of other lighting in the area?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Here you go
Basically a nice game camera, adapted for license plate reader use.
Are you sure a camera is useful in this situation though? Unless someone is monitoring live, cameras don't prevent anything.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Reolink 4k wireless if the range is less than a 100 ft and line of sight.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Just get a good deer cam and put it in an inconspicuous spot that will catch license plates. Swap sd cards when you go for a walk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top