Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2018 3:59:11 PM EDT
Lets assume that the tubes I'm talking about here have the same specs. Would you go with Green Phos L3 tubes or White Phos Photonis Echo tubes? (L3 White Phos tubes are significantly more and out of my price range.)
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you talking about L3 White Phos FILMED tubes? Those tubes are significantly less in price. Well sigificantly cheaper we sell them for...Either way, ALL our L3 new Omni 8  tubes thin or unfilmed, white or green outperform the echo tubes in low light. We've, well I have done many side by sides.

Edit, no pics never show low light differences at times. In fact, at times our Gen2+ NGI 49LP units look better than L3 filmless due to the way the camera captures light application through the tube, etc.
View Quote
I was talking L3 White Phos Filmless tubes. They’re out of my price range. So basically it sounds like in your opinion, I would be better off with an Omni8 in green phos than the Photonis echo in white.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As I mentioned, no matter what color of the L3 Omni 8 thin filmed tubes, they all outperform the Echo tubes in low light.
View Quote
Interesting. Maybe I’ll just go green then.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Fivefivesixphoto, I recently got a PVS-14 setup with Photonis Echo tube and it rocks. Contact me if you want my user input. I don't make them or sell them; I'm just a user. If you email me I'll be happy to send you some pics through the tube.

If you want a comparison, YouTube has some pretty good videos but videos aren't the same as actually looking through the tube.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top