Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2018 12:37:29 PM EDT
This is what I have at the moment, the standard picatinny-rail-with-irons-inside factory sight system.

Youtube videos and such have me believe that I can remove this rail ....

Then what?

Which optic?  Say $400 and less.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You can remove the worthless chunk of aluminum.  When I had my PS90, I had this mount and an Aimpoint micro.  If I got another, and I have been thinking about it, I would do the same thing again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can remove the worthless chunk of aluminum.  When I had my PS90, I had this mount and an Aimpoint micro.  If I got another, and I have been thinking about it, I would do the same thing again.
View Quote
+1 on the mount , cept I've got a Romeo 5 on top
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File
I put an RMR (RM06) on mine with a low profile mount from Design Machine. For me, this is the perfect optic package from a size/weight standpoint. Also, I was able to get one inch groups when sighting in at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:I put an RMR (RM06) on mine with a low profile mount from Design Machine. For me, this is the perfect optic package from a size/weight standpoint.
View Quote
Agreed, I can see why. Sticking a big optic on such a compact package makes no sense to me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
First thing I did was ditch my OEM Mount. PS90’s have a pretty high HOB as is, the top of the rail adds to that. Adding an optic to the rail is starting to get ridiculous. I went with an OEM white ring optic for the look, but wish I’d have sprung for the black Secret Service OEM optic. The white ring is serviceable for a recreational optic but barely, and completely inappropriate for a duty optic. If I weren’t worried about it looking correct, I’d definitely get a Design Machine mount for either an Aimpoint Micro or RMR, according to taste.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I loved the US Secret Service Sight...man should have never got rid of my PS90.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425197/5FFDA2AD-4AE5-4699-9545-A7E4029ABD1B_jpeg-776437.JPG
I put an RMR (RM06) on mine with a low profile mount from Design Machine. For me, this is the perfect optic package from a size/weight standpoint. Also, I was able to get one inch groups when sighting in at 50 yards.
View Quote
Nice.

What forward sling connection is that?

Rear setup?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
They are QD socket mounts from PMM that use the stock/frame assembly screws.
https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/P90QD-L
The rear is the same, using the top middle screw location on the back of the other side.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
First thing I did was ditch my OEM Mount. PS90’s have a pretty high HOB as is, the top of the rail adds to that. Adding an optic to the rail is starting to get ridiculous. I went with an OEM white ring optic for the look, but wish I’d have sprung for the black Secret Service OEM optic. The white ring is serviceable for a recreational optic but barely, and completely inappropriate for a duty optic. If I weren’t worried about it looking correct, I’d definitely get a Design Machine mount for either an Aimpoint Micro or RMR, according to taste.
View Quote
Does the black recticle have illumination?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They used to have tritium, but they’re all pretty dim by now. There was a white ring model that had a green fiber optic, and there were LED illuminated variants released but I don’t know that they’re still being stocked.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=Ring+sight
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Elite Ammunition sells a variety of P90 RingSights, including the illuminated USSG model.  This is what I originally wanted, but they are on something like a 6 month back order.

http://www.eliteammunition.com/p90ps90parts.html#

IMO, use a RingSight only if the classic P90 look is what is important to you. I have a white RingSight with an illumination module, and I like my new RMR setup a lot more.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#13]
The only things I can find with ring reticles are the nowhere-in-stock FN sights and EOTechs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Here’s for sale the most desirable Ringsight made, aluminum housing, fiber optic and battery, no tritium...

https://fnforum.net/forums/guns-gun-items-sale-non-fn/212325-wts-green-dot-ring-sights-hc-14-aluminum-housing-fiber-optic-w-battery-c-pics.html
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I got the green Ringsight from Strike Industries and am very happy with it.

They come back in stock intermittently.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here’s for sale the most desirable Ringsight made, aluminum housing, fiber optic and battery, no tritium...

https://fnforum.net/forums/guns-gun-items-sale-non-fn/212325-wts-green-dot-ring-sights-hc-14-aluminum-housing-fiber-optic-w-battery-c-pics.html
View Quote
Not anymore! Couldn’t wait on the black ring with LED to come back in stock so I snagged the one you posted. Thanks for the heads up!

This will be a huge upgrade from my basic white ring without the fiber optic or LED illumination. That thing was ok for fun, but even then it was lacking. When I first got it I thought it was broken, I couldn’t see shit. Only after going outside with my glasses on did I realize “oh, nope, I guess that’s how it’s supposed to look”
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I’ve had several different optics on my SBR, currently it wears one of the green fiber optic ring sights. Partly for nostalgia, and partly for its compact size.

I’ve previously had the following:

Mini ACOG in a TROS mount - great optic in a great mount, but I eventually ditched it for the second choice...
SS black reticle ring sight with red tritium - durable and small, but has the visual feel of looking through a drinking straw. Ditched for the third choice...
Damage Industires top rail with EOTech EXPS3 - huge compared to the others and sat way too high. Ditched for option four...
Original white ring sight with aftermarket illuminator - one of the original sights with a cludge illuminator fixed to it, good optic but temperamental due to the hack nature of the illuminator. Also ditched for option five...
Aimpoint Micro in an ultra low mount, forget the manufacturer - again good optic ina good mount, but it still felt “off” to me. Ditched it for my final solution.

I’ve kept the green fiber optic ring sight for the longest, and it does everything I need my PS90 optic to do. No batteries, works well enough without serious washout, compact size, and looks like it belongs on the gun. My only real complaint is that you can put it in the right set of circumstances that cause both the white ring and the green fiber optic to wash out, but those circumstances are rare for me. I prefer this one to the SS optic due to what I can only call “tube size”... the white ring optics feel like they have a much larger visual extent, and are easier to pick up faster for me.

Every time I think about changing optics again I stop myself and just keep old greeny. It works.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Im using the original white and washy sight with an aftermarket illuminator, which is OK so far.

I have the TosUSA mini Acog mount for it but can’t afford the mini Acog.

I had the SS sight for a bit and it was an improvement
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#19]
The c-more micro red dot is the best in my opinion. It even had its own mount adapter and was the perfect height and had great fov compared to those over rated ringsite.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The c-more micro red dot is the best in my opinion. It even had its own mount adapter and was the perfect height and had great fov compared to those over rated ringsite.
View Quote
Same here. Cmore and fastfire3. Been a great setup.

Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:08:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Trijicon MRO on a Design Machine mount.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:27:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Have this exact setup, and love it.

Good sight picture, compact optic, overall package is extremely slick.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:32:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Elite Ammunition is offering several variants of the Ring Sight which is the route I intend to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top