Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2019 9:01:08 PM EDT
I have an old 12 gauge CVA Black Powder SBS shotgun that belonged to my late FIL. It’s a twin hammer percussion cap model and the hammers are missing. I’ve googled all the sites I can think of and CVA no longer carries the shotgun or any parts for it.

I posted in the WTB section and there has been only one suggestion there and it was a dead end.

Are there any out there?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
They may have been removed because the barrels are bad
I have a 1920 shot gun that looks like the hinge and lock mechanism was repaired
But firing pins are gone
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try these folks. They have parts for their DGW double barrel. It looks close and may have been made for Dixie by CVA.
Dixie Gunworks
https://www.dixiegunworks.com/
View Quote
Thanks. I tried Dixie and they referred me to their gunsmith who told me that they no longer have them and he didn’t have any hidden away anywhere and couldn’t give me any other sources to try.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They may have been removed because the barrels are bad
I have a 1920 shot gun that looks like the hinge and lock mechanism was repaired
But firing pins are gone
View Quote
Both of the hammers were broken. He was trying to get them replaced before he got sick.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
They weren’t with the shotgun when I got it. They may be buried in some of the stuff in the garage or attic. I’ll give your contact a call Tuesday and see what he says.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you have the broken hammers? They could be welded.

Try this guy, I forgot about him at first. He may have some parts. He can make them but it will cost you.

Tip Curtis Frontier Shop
Custom Guns
Parts and Supplies for Kentucky Rifles

P.O. Box 203
4445 Jernigan Road
Cross Plains, TN 37049

Bus: 615-654-4445
Fax: 615-654-4446
View Quote
Tried to call. No answer. I did get a recording that said to enter my access code.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Try VTI gun parts. They used to carry cva parts. https://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=110&cat=catalog
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#10]
You might try http://www.dixonmuzzleloading.com/
At one time they had "generic" hammers that could be fitted.  You have to probably call the shop.  They don't run e-commerce.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Tried to call. No answer. I did get a recording that said to enter my access code.
View Quote
Tip Curtis is probably headed to Friendship IN for the fall shoot. Try him in a week or two.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#12]
they are a really nice shotgun..

killed many of pheasant over it..

If you need a trace of the hammers let me know and ill see i can get them off to trace them on paper. ..
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 5:07:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
they are a really nice shotgun..

killed many of pheasant over it..

If you need a trace of the hammers let me know and ill see i can get them off to trace them on paper. ..
View Quote
Thanks for the offer. I may have to try that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#14]
@Firecop203 Are you still looking for the hammers?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top