Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2020 8:40:24 PM EDT
Hello all,

I have a 6 year old Swann NVR system that four of eight cameras look like crap during the day. The color is basically gone and it has more of a pinkish hue than black and white.  However, they look pretty good at night.   I have tried replacement cameras but they never worked.  I did get great support from Nellys but now I have purchased a 4 camera Reolink NVR setup.  I was wondering if it is possible to get a monitor that has two hdmi inputs or a combo of one hdmi and one vga that I could display 4 cameras from each system at the same time in a split screen.  I hope this isn't overly complicated or I will just have to purchase another small monitor and have one for each system.

Thanks,

Don
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You want a monitor with Picture in Picture. However, assuming they're both 1080p you're looking for an uncommon setup - to avoid skewing the displays, you want a monitor that is 3840x1080 so it can display both screens side by side. There aren't a ton of monitors in that resolution, but they exist. More common is a 4k monitor which can display 4 1080p inputs in a grid.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You can look for monitors that also have PBP mode which is picture by picture, it splits the screen up equally. I am not sure if that works with an nvr though. It will honestly be cheaper to just get two seperate cheap monitors.

ETA: I tried PBP on my Dell U3417W and it worked with my computer and TV. I don't see why it wouldn't work with two nvr if the have hdmi.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:18:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your help.  I just ordered an inexpensive 24" HP monitor to run two monitors.  If the Reolink system works very well, I may just scrap the rest of the Swann system and use the newer monitor for all eight cameras.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top