Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2020 5:40:12 PM EDT
Well, I placed this M14 clone on layaway.  The price was to good to pass up... but it is not a Springfield M1A.  I've searched & have no idea.  Thought it was an old Armscorp (out of Baltimore) but the logo does not match.

It says:

U.S. RIFLE
7.62MM M14 NM

The logo is a square set as a diamond & has two lines inside the diamond- top says "7.62" & bottom "MM"
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
picture?

No other information engraved on the receiver?
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
7.62MM Firearms. I think they were out of Ohio 5 or so years ago.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
picture?

No other information engraved on the receiver?
View Quote

Sorry, I was on mobile when I created the post.  Phone and site do not get along sometimes....

Here is a pic.  I asked the dealer to text me it (on a computer now).  I did not look close at the rest of the receiver, sorry.  It currently has an Archangel precision stock and has a upper hand guard rail system on it.  I didn't take a look at who made the rail.

Attachment Attached File

As I said, the only logo I saw was that diamond with the "7.62" and "MM".  Maybe if I get to go back, I will take a closer look on the sides of the receiver.

I guess, worse case scenario, I am told it is a Nornico or some other Chinese knock off.  The parts, according to the staff at the gun store, look to be GI and the barrel was chrome(?).  Bore looked okay, looked down it w/ bore light.... the SN is in the a five digit number...  Staff said person traded it in to purchase a suppressor.  

It was listed at $699, comes with two 25 round magazines (not sure if GI, but looked ok to me).
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a thread in the archives about all the issues 7.62 Firearms has with these, plus the M14 fourm as well.

Good luck OP
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep they had issues... but some ran fine..I have one that shoots great.

I'd see if you can get a range test with it first and decide from that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep they had issues... but some ran fine..I have one that shoots great.

I'd see if you can get a range test with it first and decide from that.
View Quote

Jeremy,

So it is a 7.62mm Firearms manufactured receiver then, based on the picture??

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Jeremy,

So it is a 7.62mm Firearms manufactured receiver then, based on the picture??

View Quote
Yep...if it shoots fine I'd pick it up...there are only two hundred or so of these in the wild.  The majority of them are fine.

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeremy,

Are you the same Jeremy2171 on the CMP forums?  I was doing some research there and just noticed the same handle.... (from a post in 2015).  I saw the replies by the user "M14".... and he was posting that 7.62MM Firearms had a SN range of 52000 and on...  But the M14 I am looking at has 400XX as the SN... I am .... confused....

I saw the posting of a custom SN done on the CMP forum....

(Odds are I will pick it up... even if I do not get to test fire it)
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jeremy,

Are you the same Jeremy2171 on the CMP forums?  I was doing some research there and just noticed the same handle.... (from a post in 2015).  I saw the replies by the user "M14".... and he was posting that 7.62MM Firearms had a SN range of 52000 and on...  But the M14 I am looking at has 400XX as the SN... I am .... confused....

View Quote
The 40000 serial number is ringing a bell but I can't recall just why.  Your best bet is to PM "M14" on the CMP forum and ask him...he knows the 7.62 rifles inside and out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The 40000 serial number is ringing a bell but I can't recall just why.  Your best bet is to PM "M14" on the CMP forum and ask him...he knows the 7.62 rifles inside and out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeremy,

I went & looked at it again.  The city on it is Wadsworth, Ohio.  I didn't notice any other markings, but I may have just been not looking right.

As you side, it is a 7.62mm Firearms receiver.  The dealer confirmed it... so either I mis heard back then.  

So, these are older 7.62mm Firearms reciever, but the 40000 SN range.  I can't find any info on line about this serial number series.  Most of the posts on ANY forum discuss the 50000 series.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay, doing more digging online & forums for M14's popped up.....

It looks like, the 40000 SN range was made AFTER the 50000!?   Go figure....  The posts I saw were dated 2013 or 2014.  There was no mention to when 7.62MM Firearms, LLC moved locations (as the city/town is different on the 4XXXX vs the 5XXXX SN ranges).  I just got lucky finding a post that popped up on search that said 40069 on the SN text and I clicked, even though the date was "newer".  Odd, the M14 I am looking at has a SN in the 4006X range also.... though, I would like to have the '69 SN one.... LOL.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#12]
It's worth asking price for the parts.

I'd probably buy it, shoot it, if it was junk, re receiver it and keep the 7.62 Firearms receiver as a paperweight
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'd probably buy it, shoot it, if it was junk, re receiver it and keep the 7.62 Firearms receiver as a paperweight
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is what the dealer kinda said.  The parts were worth that or more.  I have a SA M1A... but the price was too good to not pass... I am weak...
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#14]
The guy that owned that company would set up at all the local gun shows. He would talk a great sales pitch but if you knew what you were looking at you could see through his self proclaimed best ever no one can touch this item stance. At that time he seemed to focus display items on tactical looking models and not so much traditional steel and wood.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#15]
The price makes the parts a deal even if you have to buy a new receiver
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The guy that owned that company would set up at all the local gun shows. He would talk a great sales pitch but if you knew what you were looking at you could see through his self proclaimed best ever no one can touch this item stance. At that time he seemed to focus display items on tactical looking models and not so much traditional steel and wood.
View Quote

Sales people can be like that.  Worse when they are the o
owner & trying to survive... which wasn't the case here.

Well, it is mine.  Good or bad.  LOL.  Just waiting for our state's cursid "assult weopons mandatory waiting period"... lol.  I have made questionable purchases over the years... not the first, doubt it will be the last...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top