Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2021 10:32:58 AM EDT
So if your name is Jonathan Doe and everyone just calls you John. And the engraver just write John Doe on your form1 suppressor. Is that wrong?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]
If it matches what you wrote on the Form 1. If it matches, all good. If it doesn't match, it might someday be a problem.

Look at it this way - ATF does not know if your engraving does not exactly match your application form, and they never will know unless it somehow comes to the attention of an enforcement agent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#2]
My name is Thomas. All my forms (individual) say Thomas. I always engrave Tom. I highly doubt it's going to be an issue. As @Circuits said, you've got bigger problems if they're looking that deep into you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top