Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2019 11:48:34 PM EDT
USAA will insure PVS-14 on a valuable firearms policy (it can weapon mounted and therefore is a weapon accessory).  However, they said that rational can't be used for binos.  Any companies out there to shop around for a NVG specific policy that will do duals?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#1]
When I talked to USAA, they recommended a High Value Property, or HVP policy.  Its the same that they use for jewelry or fine art.  There is an upper limit of value that they can assign to a single firearm item, so that's going to be your best option.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Collectables Insurance for my firearms. Called them up and they said they are happy to cover NVDs as well. Just include the value in your insured total. Bonus that they don’t want to keep your firearm serial numbers on file, unlike USAA.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Collect Insure as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Collect Insure looks pretty good. Anybody have experience making a claim with them?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have all my tactical equipment and night vision stuff insured for about $40 a year with safeco under a specific or valuable article coverage.

$10k ish worth of equipment in total if I had to replace everything.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Collect Insure looks pretty good. Anybody have experience making a claim with them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. I hope it stays that way.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I did an online quote and they called me a couple hours later to follow up.  Normally I'd be irritated that I couldn't browse prices in peace but she was actually very nice and answered all my questions along with emailed me sample copies of the policy.

I got a good feeling out of them and they seem legitimate.  I'm likely going to get my binos insured with them.  Undecided about switching my gun policy.  Collect insure is pretty flexible on the scheduling requirements but has more exceptions than USAA does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top