Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 2:59:47 PM EDT
Apologies if this has been discussed.  I looked, couldn't find it.

I have permanently moved from AZ to TX, so the gun laws are similar.

The revocable trust was set up in AZ and there are multiple items in the trust.

The lowers are engraved with this trust, should I keep it and start another (if I choose to) for future purchases?

I know I need to inform the ATF about the move.  Do I do that per item?  Or do I do that (once) with the trust?  Meaning I move the trust to TX with the ATF and everything held by the trust is effectively moved?

So many questions.  Im sure Im not the only one to have moved with a trust and NFA items.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Apologies if this has been discussed.  I looked, couldn't find it.

I have permanently moved from AZ to TX, so the gun laws are similar.

The revocable trust was set up in AZ and there are multiple items in the trust.

The lowers are engraved with this trust, should I keep it and start another (if I choose to) for future purchases? I would continue to use the same one.  Consult a trust attorney in TX to make sure it still is okay under TX law and edit it if needed.  Chances are, no or minor changes are needed.  If there are changes, there's no need to send them to the ATF or tell them anything about your trust for any previously approved items.

I know I need to inform the ATF about the move.  Do I do that per item?  Or do I do that (once) with the trust?  Meaning I move the trust to TX with the ATF and everything held by the trust is effectively moved?  You fill out a Form 5320.20 for a permanent move.  There is space on one form for multiple items.  You must send this in and have it returned approved prior to taking the NFA items across state lines.

So many questions.  Im sure Im not the only one to have moved with a trust and NFA items.
View Quote
My answers in red.  Did you already take your items to TX?

Link to instructions for form 5320.20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top