BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not really tracking accessory shipments right now, but I have heard there are some on the way.  They'll sell fast, though.  Make sure you're on a wait list with a major dealer.  If you have a LGS you support, then have your guy watching RSR.
View Quote

im the one watching RSR. i guess i just have to decide if i can wait or if i should just buy the LMT one that was linked here.

theres one left, so i guess i should make up my mind.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Xeno brake is flat out obnoxious on any rifle.

I've got one on a 10.5 556 and one on a 12.5 308. If you like a flash bang going off in front of your face every time you pull the trigger, it's the muzzle device for you.

I run them on short SBR's for the whole sacrificial baffle thing.  I'd never run them on a gun that was primarily unsuppressed.
View Quote

Does it still feel that way even when running them suppressed (flashbang going off) or only when you shoot it without the suppressor?

Deciding on something for a 12.5" .308...
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Does it still feel that way even when running them suppressed (flashbang going off) or only when you shoot it without the suppressor?

View Quote

No
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
A break that screws onto the Xeno Xero would be very interesting.  Rather then designing a new one, maybe an existing one could be adapted? There's a nut on the end of the Little Bastard brakes that could be removed and then an adapter created between the Xerp and the LBs outer threads?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Any updates on adapter availability? My wolfman is getting lonely
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone make a slightly longer XENO adapter?

The DA adapter I'm using with my Helios QD Ti isn't quite long enough to keep the DA XENO brake from contacting the first baffle when tightened, but I don't really want to use the 1" extension that comes with the can if I can avoid adding that much extra length.

Other option is to swap the DA brakes out for the XENO Zero, but not sure how those'll be without the can, and also not looking forward to removing the brakes since they're well torqued and thread-locked.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone make a slightly longer XENO adapter?

The DA adapter I'm using with my Helios QD Ti isn't quite long enough to keep the DA XENO brake from contacting the first baffle when tightened, but I don't really want to use the 1" extension that comes with the can if I can avoid adding that much extra length.

Other option is to swap the DA brakes out for the XENO Zero, but not sure how those'll be without the can, and also not looking forward to removing the brakes since they're well torqued and thread-locked.
View Quote

Pretty sure swapping your muzzle device is your only option if you don’t want to use the extension. Besides the zero, dead air has the wee brake. LMT also offers a brake which looks pretty short. None of them will be pleasant without the can but probably better than the zero
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

JMO, that CGS extension seems like a bad afterthought.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A break that screws onto the Xeno Xero would be very interesting.  Rather then designing a new one, maybe an existing one could be adapted? There's a nut on the end of the Little Bastard brakes that could be removed and then an adapter created between the Xerp and the LBs outer threads?
View Quote

Or just get a Dead Air Pyro with a Xeno adapter. Then you can put it on what ever Xeno equipped rifle you have when you want a brake.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

JMO, that CGS extension seems like a bad afterthought.
View Quote

It’s completely retarded.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

im the one watching RSR. i guess i just have to decide if i can wait or if i should just buy the LMT one that was linked here.

theres one left, so i guess i should make up my mind.
View Quote

Another month goes by..... sigh
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Or just get a Dead Air Pyro with a Xeno adapter. Then you can put it on what ever Xeno equipped rifle you have when you want a brake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A break that screws onto the Xeno Xero would be very interesting.  Rather then designing a new one, maybe an existing one could be adapted? There's a nut on the end of the Little Bastard brakes that could be removed and then an adapter created between the Xero and the LBs outer threads?

Does the Pyro have the same level of recoil reduction as the LB, Hellfire, MDT Comp Brake, etc?
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm not really tracking accessory shipments right now, but I have heard there are some on the way.  They'll sell fast, though.  Make sure you're on a wait list with a major dealer.  If you have a LGS you support, then have your guy watching RSR.

View Quote

Are these still on the way?  It's been 3 months now with no xeno adapters at any retailers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I was also like to know where the DA455s are. I think I prefer it over the LMT mount I have.

I'm assuming if these aren't available, don't even ask about dead air tri lug adapters for the wolfman?

This is getting tiring.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Sooo, how long have NoX Xeno mounts been out? Just ordered one from Bauer.

https://sonsoflibertygw.com/sons-of-liberty-gun-works-nox-available-in-xeno-mount/
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sooo, how long have NoX Xeno mounts been out? Just ordered one from Bauer.

https://sonsoflibertygw.com/sons-of-liberty-gun-works-nox-available-in-xeno-mount/
View Quote

They’ve been out for a bit.

I was thinking about buying one and having the tines machined off to make a Wee Brake since neither Dead Air or LMT can deliver one.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They’ve been out for a bit.

I was thinking about buying one and having the tines machined off to make a Wee Brske since neither Dead Air or LMT can deliver one.
View Quote

I like the NOX design. I run several for my Sandman-S.

It’s nice to have another option for Xeno though. Hoping Blackout Defense offers them up soon, in their “hybrid” style.

Pretty much all of my Xeno mount guns aren’t dedicated suppressed, so a quality muzzle device is appealing to me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I received my Xeno Nox last week and boy is it pretty. I like the DA brake but without the can on it's a blaster. Keep the gun pretty flat but it's loud. Going to put the Nox on a different upper and see how they compare.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#19]
The lack of availability of Xeno adapters is getting frustratiing.

My Nomad 30 is still in jail, I'm just wanting to get my mounting options squared away.

I'm thinking about looking at an Atlas adapter and Plan B compatible muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My Nomad 30 is still in jail, I'm just wanting to get my mounting options squared away.

I'm thinking about looking at an Atlas adapter and Plan B compatible muzzle devices.
View Quote

What's wrong with the one from DA?

I bet if enough of us ask, ECCO will make one. They are the best IMO. I use their plan B adapters over Q.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What's wrong with the one from DA?

I bet if enough of us ask, ECCO will make one. They are the best IMO. I use their plan B adapters over Q.
View Quote

What's wrong is they haven't been available for half a year lol.  Would be great if ECCO, FCD, or literally anyone made a xeno adapter at this point.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh wow, I had no idea. They were plentiful when they first came out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Silencer shop has them in stock.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. They've got a legacy pistol adapter (whatever that is) but not a HUB compatible adapter.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Make sure to drop a line in the ECCO thread once and while. If enough of us request, he will eventually make one. Can’t be hard, other than the reverse threads.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I made my own xeno 240f style device a while back, havent gotten around to designing or applying for a 308 can to use it with yet.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#27]
………
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I pulled up my model, which was just based on a single sample I measured, and the angle is definitely 12° per side. The thread pitch is 20tpi and the pitch diameter is .976, but the threads are truncated a lot with a 1.02 OD. It's possible I just compared with the sample part when I mic'd the new threads and the model had placeholder dimensions that aren't definitive. YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#29]
………
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I pulled up my model, which was just based on a single sample I measured, and the angle is definitely 12° per side. The thread pitch is 20tpi and the pitch diameter is .976, but the threads are truncated a lot with a 1.02 OD. It's possible I just compared with the sample part when I mic'd the new threads and the model had placeholder dimensions that aren't definitive. YMMV.
View Quote

That's a beautiful looking device.  Make sure your blast chamber is long enough and note that you could be supplying some really focused erosive forces between those tines the closer it gets to the blast baffle.

I'm not confirming reverse engineering specs here, so I appreciate nobody asking.  It's also good to note that whenever someone fabricates their own muzzle devices (or non-licensed ones for sale) they're guaranteeing a voided warranty for the customer of whatever brand they're dealing with.  I'm not trying to poo poo on any parades, but you wouldn't believe some of the weird stuff that manufacturers see out there.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:06:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I believe you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I made my own xeno 240f style device a while back, havent gotten around to designing or applying for a 308 can to use it with yet.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/787767384521703435/1130364696751517716/1508319421076492294-img1.jpg
View Quote

That’s pretty; thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Make sure your blast chamber is long enough and note that you could be supplying some really focused erosive forces between those tines the closer it gets to the blast baffle.

View Quote

Interesting note that I'm looking forward to testing. I'm using a keymo adapter and factory 3 prong on an 11.5 SBR with an F1 can, with an inconel baffle fairly close to the prongs. Conventional wisdom among my friends is to use a brake sacrificially/to deflect the blast from the blast baffle but I've had surprisingly negligible wear. I check it a lot expecting erosion due to the forces you mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Interesting note that I'm looking forward to testing. I'm using a keymo adapter and factory 3 prong on an 11.5 SBR with an F1 can, with an inconel baffle fairly close to the prongs. Conventional wisdom among my friends is to use a brake sacrificially/to deflect the blast from the blast baffle but I've had surprisingly negligible wear. I check it a lot expecting erosion due to the forces you mentioned.
View Quote

I’d love to see that posted in the blast baffle thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to poo poo on any parades, but you wouldn't believe some of the weird stuff that manufacturers see out there.  
View Quote

Oh the irony.

When are more xeno hub mounts hitting the market? Some of us have been patiently waiting. I bought an lmt one, but I like the dead air one better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh the irony.

When are more xeno hub mounts hitting the market? Some of us have been patiently waiting. I bought an lmt one, but I like the dead air one better.
View Quote

what didn't you like about the LMT one as much?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Oh the irony.

View Quote

Sorry if this is a repost.  I had a response written out and submitted, but I think it got lost in the ether...

We've actually had some come in and go out.  I'm not sure which wholesaler got them, though.  We have some more coming in, and then a steady supply behind that.  It'll take a couple more months to get things really rolling in. We have our own building now where we run some operations out of, including all accessories and webstore sales.  It takes time to get as many skus as we have in stock, but these are a priority.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sorry if this is a repost.  I had a response written out and submitted, but I think it got lost in the ether...

We've actually had some come in and go out.  I'm not sure which wholesaler got them, though.  We have some more coming in, and then a steady supply behind that.  It'll take a couple more months to get things really rolling in. We have our own building now where we run some operations out of, including all accessories and webstore sales.  It takes time to get as many skus as we have in stock, but these are a priority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh the irony.

Appreciate the information.

I look forward to having an easier time finding these down the road.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#39]
@Mageever are we ever going to see a 3 prong xeno?
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Does keymo vs Xeno affect back pressure of a suppressor in any way?

I’m running keymo currently on my Sierra 5 with an 11.5” BCM and it is pretty gassy. I would like to switch to Xeno but not if it will make the back pressure worse.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@Mageever are we ever going to see a 3 prong xeno?
View Quote

I can't say. (Although it was definitely hinted at in an IG Live video a while back)
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I’m running keymo currently on my Sierra 5 with an 11.5” BCM and it is pretty gassy. I would like to switch to Xeno but not if it will make the back pressure worse.
View Quote

I’ve run KeyMo and Xeno on my M4-2000 and noticed no difference. They both use taper seals and the idea is to not have any gas leak. It’s gassy either way on my MK18. But a BRT gas tube will definitely help.

In theory, maybe the Xeno would be less since the device doesn’t sit as far forward in the blast chamber. But the user will not be able to tell in my experience.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's not enough difference between the two to notice.  It's good to note that the backpressure pulse of the Sierra 5 is really short, so sometimes minor changes like buffer weight or gas block adjustments have a good effect.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There's not enough difference between the two to notice.  It's good to note that the backpressure pulse of the Sierra 5 is really short, so sometimes minor changes like buffer weight or gas block adjustments have a good effect.
View Quote

I am running a Centurion 11.5” FBI barrel, enhanced spring, and H3 buffer. I just ordered an LMT enhanced carrier and that should take the gun a bit.

Interesting to see you bring up the back pressure pulse. My SCAR 16 SBR with the factory 10.5” barrel assembly does not like the Sierra 5 at all, even with several different gas screw combos. I had to switch back to my RC2.

Sierra 5 made the cycling extremely harsh and I started to get brass spin back every 3-4 rounds with PMC Bronze. It ran with the KNS DiSCARder but you could tell it had to vent off a lottttt of excess gas. It’s a shame because I really liked how the Sierra 5 looks and sounds on the SCAR 16. Was orevoilsmy running fine when I had an 11.5” chopped barrel on the gun. Other than that, I have had great luck with my Sierra 5. Well over 2,000 rounds now and still holding up great.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
what didn't you like about the LMT one as much?
View Quote

i thought it was shorter than the regular one. so i figured id give it a shot.

its barely shorter. id rather have the OEM one with generous wrench flats. i run burn proof covers and the OEM xeno mount is long enough to have some of the wrench flats still exposed in case i need to get a wrench on it from over tightening. burn proof covers cinch off the rear of the can (to avoid sliding off).  

what i should do is rob the xeno mount off my nomad L and put it on my sierra 5 (which has the LMT mount) when i get it back for warranty. i just dont care enough to make the time.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I can't say. (Although it was definitely hinted at in an IG Live video a while back)
View Quote

While you’re answering these type of questions, how about a xeno blast diffuser?
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#47]
You can always get one of these. Eta: I think somwone makes a HUB bast shield, but I don’t remember who. Rex, maybe.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Willfire and JMAC make HUB blast diffusers.

AAC has a really nice one, but I’ve not confirmed that it works with all 1.375” adapters, or just their own.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Willfire and JMAC make HUB blast diffusers.

AAC has a really nice one, but I’ve not confirmed that it works with all 1.375” adapters, or just their own.
View Quote

lets not forget the coolest virginians on the planet!

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/mounts-and-pistons/hansohn-blast-diverter/
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top