Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2023 2:14:02 PM EDT
For years now, I've wondered about a mark on the bottom of my M249 receiver:

I assumed it was a manufacturer's mark of a/the company that FN outsources their receivers from but I was never able to figure out who it was.  Today, on a different forum, someone was asking about an AK they bought with a receiver made by "Morrissey Inc. Bloomington, MN". and it clicked.  

After searching them online and checking out their website, I'm 99.9% certain Morrissey Incorporated supplies receivers to FN:
https://morrisseyinc.com/

Another mystery solved!  I'm sure some of you guys already knew this but I'm not too bright and this was quite the find for me.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it turned out FN outsources ALL of their FN 249 receivers to other defense contractors.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s interesting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 1:43:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#2]
That is interesting. I'd never heard of them. Good find!
Is yours an M249S?

https://www.highergov.com/awardee/morrissey-inc-10056109/
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes sir, it is.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's the same area on my M249S:

Attachment Attached File

I guess that means FN made it themselves? Idk.

What is "MAF 0532" ?

I wonder if this MN company would sell receivers (or bare stampings) to the public? Maybe they can't, but the guys selling the unfinished ones are getting them somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I would assume yours has an FN made receiver.  So, that proves my assumption wrong.  FN must make their own AND outsource when necessary.  Thanks for posting your picture!
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ProbableColtAddict:
I would assume yours has an FN made receiver.  So, that proves my assumption wrong.  FN must make their own AND outsource when necessary.  Thanks for posting your picture!
View Quote

I’m not up to snuff on variances but it’s also possible that the FN marked ones are outsourced.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top