Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2020 4:46:57 PM EDT
When "woodless Danish" M1s were for sale thru the CMP, I bought one hoping for the best while expecting the worse.  I received what I was expecting.  A .30 projectile dropped into the muzzle, it disappeared 1" down the bore.  With a 900K serial number, the tooling marks on the receiver looked like a last ditch mauser or Arisaka.  I called Springfield Armory and asked it they worked on M!s.  Yep, as long as they were G.I. rifles.  I wanted it re-parkerized, a new barrel, 4.5 lbs. trigger pull, and a check for any worn parts.  I was told $425 and could expect 3-4 week turn around.  Yeah right!

Three weeks and one day later I received my rifle, WOW, it looked as though it just came off the assembly line.  I put it in a good clean G.I. stock and headed for the range.  Hand loaded ammo shoots 1.5-2 inches at a 100 yards off the bench.  I was told 3 other parts were replaced and these were included with the rifle as well as the old barrel.

Based on this service, 3 more Garands have made the trip with equal excellent results.  One rifle I sent back for a friend to have the same service I had requested yielded a call from SA.  The barrel on my friend's rifle measure less the 1 at both muzzle and breach and they wanted to know if he still wanted the barrel replaced as it appeared to be the original barrel.  I said no, re-park, trigger and safety check.  Price?  Under $100.
The honesty of the company was amazing in these days and times.  They could have replaced the barrel and sold the barrel on ebay for a handsome profit which displays the company's core values honesty.

This all occurred 3-4 years ago but I still salute with my hat off the Springfield Armory.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top