Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2020 8:47:39 PM EDT
Just got this finished up today. Just the basic 870 Police with WC sights. Sent the barrel to RAS for a 12.75" chop, Rem Choke threading and front sight relocation. The stock is a wood 870 Express stock. I took an inch off for a 13" LOP and a 32" OAL. I filled in the checkering with some Marine-Tex and rattle canned it with black enamel. Vang Comp safety and stainless steel follower, Wolff mag tube spring, Wilderness 2 point sling and Grovtec swivels. I can't wait to get to the range tomorrow!

Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Very nice.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Very nice.
View Quote
It's good that you have a decent recoil pad.

I love mine but full power buckshot and slugs pack a punch on both ends
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a damn fine looking shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely beautiful.  I have 5 SBS and an AOW, but I love looking at other's creations to get inspiration for my next one
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
Absolutely beautiful.  I have 5 SBS and an AOW, but I love looking at other's creations to get inspiration for my next one
View Quote
Thanks. I know they are addictive. I now have 4 SBR's and 1 SBS. I have another 870P I may do as well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
This is exactly how mine will be set up. Barrel at RAS now going to 12 3/8"
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I can’t see the pics...
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ThomasGarcia:
I can’t see the pics...
View Quote
They are there but were slow to load for some reason
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:

They are there but were slow to load for some reason
View Quote
I think my pics are to big. I have to get Photoshop back on my computer so I can make the files smaller. Sorry guy's!
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks great. I love shooting my Remington Model 11 SBS. My buddy just snagged an A5 to chop down and in the process of helping him with the form 1........ I am back on the hunt for another shotgun barrel to destroy! I cant decide between an 870 and a SxS....... the SxS can go shorter without as much fuss. I would like under 12" without having to shorten the magazine tube and such.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
Looks great. I love shooting my Remington Model 11 SBS. My buddy just snagged an A5 to chop down and in the process of helping him with the form 1........ I am back on the hunt for another shotgun barrel to destroy! I cant decide between an 870 and a SxS....... the SxS can go shorter without as much fuss. I would like under 12" without having to shorten the magazine tube and such.
View Quote
If you want to stay with an 870, but go shorter than the common 12"'ish barrel, see if you can find an 870 Special Field.  They have a shorter mag tube and the barrel lug is closer to the receiver to match.  You can chop the barrel down to around 10.5" but you do have to deal with the ribbed barrel that these come with.

Link Posted: 3/8/2020 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
If you want to stay with an 870, but go shorter than the common 12"'ish barrel, see if you can find an 870 Special Field.  They have a shorter mag tube and the barrel lug is closer to the receiver to match.  You can chop the barrel down to around 10.5" but you do have to deal with the ribbed barrel that these come with.

https://i.imgur.com/GUjm1an.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yURuxxG.jpg
View Quote
Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#14]
To the OP,

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top