Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It has to be the M2 SMG.  I started collecting U.S. Military arms and tried to fill all the slots.  If there was an M1 and an M1A1 variation, both needed to be found.  And after the M1A1 Thompson and before the M3 grease gun, there was the M2.  It did not prove to be an easy gun to find.

It's interesting from a number of angles.  It has design influences from several U.S. weapons but unlike anything else.  Several new production techniques were employed which were largely the cause of its ultimate failure. It was designed by George Hyde, who also helped design the M3 and the Liberator pistol, though he is unknown to most gun collectors.

Link Posted: 4/23/2018 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to want a BAR until I shot my favorite machine gun:

Wife's favorite after watching Rambo too many times:

I keep thinking about the E6 conversion but figure it's probably not $10k more fun than the standard model.  It does look cool as hell though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
mint condition all matching serial #'d MG-34 with original transit chest

my baby

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite is my full-size mp5 with 4-position 3rb lower. But man, these beltfed photos and mongo’s m/37 have me feeling inadequate.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know?  Favorite......  probably my M60 or Uzi.  I guess I bring the suppressed Uzi out every time.  The 60 doesn't get shot near as much.  I like that 21, I've got a Savage M1, but hardly ever shoot it.  Guess I should bring it out after a vfw meeting.  I'm guessing lots of the Korean War guys would enjoy it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top