Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2020 12:10:23 PM EDT
I picked up my one and only 9mm FDE X95 today.  Despite being a SAR lover I am quite smitten with it!

I immediately converted it from right to left handed which was basically the same as my 9mm SAR with a few minor differences.  I had watched the IWI youtube video on converting an X95 9mm from right to left and was really thrown when my charging handle didn't just pull out like in the video showed.  I NEVER give up so I was scanning X95 videos and ran across one about the Gen4 charging handle and discovered that my X95 has the newer handle as well as a "hammerhead" part.  After I learned about the "hammerhead" part that you have to turn out of the way in order to remove and/or install the charging handle, everything went smoothly.

The only thing I have on order for it right now is the Manticore buttpad.  I already had  Midwest ejection port cover for it.

I hope to shoot both 9mms sometime in July and it will be interesting to "feel" the difference in the rifles since it appears length of pull is different for each rifle (I like short LOPs).

I'll be blocking the gas at the back of the rail as suggested since I'm shooting suppressed most of the time.  I'm trying to decide which methods might work best.

My two Tavor 9mms, converted to LH.  I think I'll sell the black Fab Defense bipod and get one in FDE.  The black one is brand new but I think an FDE may look better. Still waiting on my Manticore buttpad for the X95.

Mounted a Holosun HS503GU and a Steiner P4Xi but have to sight them in later this month when my range opens.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2020 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 9mm SAR and a 5.56 X95 and don’t find gas from the rear of the rail being a problem on the 9mm like it is on the 5.56.  Probably due to it being lower pressure, and the 9mm not having a gas system.  Both do have MI port covers, though.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 9mm SAR and a 5.56 X95 and don’t find gas from the rear of the rail being a problem on the 9mm like it is on the 5.56.  Probably due to it being lower pressure, and the 9mm not having a gas system.  Both do have MI port covers, though.
View Quote

I use MI port covers also.  I'll shoot them suppressed first and see if blowback is an issue. I'll be shooting predominantly at an indoor range.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I really think the Tavor is best in SAR form, but I dunno, the X95 looks really good as a 9mm. Maybe even better than the SAR.

I have no direct evidence of performance, just my muh feelz yo.

Anyway, awesome pair!
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
When I shot Tuesday I had no gas issues(Tavor, 9mm w/Octane 45 can)but that rifle originally was a 16" 556 that I sealed the back of the top rail on and put on the MI plate.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been curious about these.  Please keep us updated on which you like best.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Any update OP? I'm considering selling off my Stribog A1 to help fund a X95 in 9mm.

@QB
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I sold my 9mm X95 in favor of the 9mm SAR.  I happen to like the mag release and charging handle position of the SAR as well as overall looks.  The SAR 9mm shot flawlessly both suppressed and unsuppressed.  I ended up with a Steiner px4i scope on one using American Defense Delta-C--H 1.93" QD mount and a Holosun 503GU on another using a 1.93" Reptilia mount.  Primary mags used are 20 round ASC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, for the 9mm SAR, anything to note in regards to reloading using the stick magazines in comparison to an AR mag? I have a 556 SAR. Is the magwell for the 9mm pretty generous? Mags drop free? Anything note worthy about the mags themselves? I am wanting to pick up a 9mm SAR too, should act on it sooner rather than later with them being discontinued.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything note worthy about the mags themselves? I am wanting to pick up a 9mm SAR too, should act on it sooner rather than later with them being discontinued.
View Quote

They are Colt Pattern, so Colt, C-Products, Metalform, etc mags will work.

I have some IWI mags for my Colt 9mm.  They appear to be C-Product mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top