Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 7:34:42 PM EDT
Besides mags and ammo which are hard enough to get right now what are some must have upgrades or replacement parts to start gathering?

Possibly getting a new 17s

I'll be researching optics as well along with trying to secure a case or 2 of ammo but other than always wanting one I'm pretty much uneducated on the scar platform.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Super scar trigger...worth it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Super scar trigger...worth it.
View Quote

Absolutely on the list hopefully I can find one
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Super Scar trigger, and all the mags and ammo you can afford.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Best place for mags? It seems you can preorder the scar trigger from Geissele and hopefully I can use the 20%coupon I have.

Ammo is going to be the hardest part I assume
Edit- I'll just get what I can when I can at this point.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Best place for mags? It seems you can preorder the scar trigger from Geissele and hopefully I can use the 20%coupon I have.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a bunch of plastic thermold mags I'd sell ya for $15 each. Great range mags.

Or you get a conversion lower like me and run SR25 pmags.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#6]
-Elcan 1.5-6 or Nightforce 2.5-10x24mm
-13” barrel
-PEQ15 Full power
-Quality white light (WMX200 or surefire Scout)
-Quality 2 point Sling
-G trigger
This in no particular order.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've got a bunch of plastic thermold mags I'd sell ya for $15 each. Great range mags.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was looking into the conversion lowers and heard they could cause problems? I'd love to use sr25 mags and I'll contact you this weekend possibly on the Thermold mags or shoot me a pm. I'm not a fan of any polymer mags usually unless they are pmag/Lancers but I'd try a few.
Quoted:
-Elcan 1.5-6 or Nightforce 2.5-10x24mm
-13” barrel
-PEQ15 Full power
-Quality white light (WMX200 or surefire Scout)
-Quality 2 point Sling
-G trigger
This in no particular order.

I'm going to run a modlite okw I'm thinking I do actually have a surefire DF laying around but I'm probably going to sell that one soon. Vickers sling with the loop attachments and Geissele trigger will be added for sure.

I definitely like having a spare barrel down the road and haven't looked into them yet. I'm going to shoot the 16" for a while but I need something that makes it to 16" overall pinned and doubt a 13" do.

Edit- thanks for the suggestions. It seems pretty straight forward. I was hearing things like gas jets and worried about weak parts but it seems like I'm overthinking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was looking into the conversion lowers and heard they could cause problems? I'd love to use sr25 mags and I'll contact you this weekend possibly on the Thermold mags or shoot me a pm. I'm not a fan of any polymer mags usually unless they are pmag/Lancers but I'd try a few.
I'm going to run a modlite okw I'm thinking I do actually have a surefire DF laying around but I'm probably going to sell that one soon. Vickers sling with the loop attachments and Geissele trigger will be added for sure.

I definitely like having a spare barrel down the road and haven't looked into them yet. I'm going to shoot the 16" for a while but I need something that makes it to 16" overall pinned and doubt a 13" do.

Edit- thanks for the suggestions. It seems pretty straight forward. I was hearing things like gas jets and worried about weak parts but it seems like I'm overthinking.
View Quote

You only need gas jets if you are going to be running it suppressed

I personally run/recommend the PMM side-rail delete panels with their vented 1913 lower rail but I wouldn't exactly count these as "must have" parts

Obligatory setup picture..

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You only need gas jets if you are going to be running it suppressed

I personally run/recommend the PMM side-rail delete panels with their vented 1913 lower rail but I wouldn't exactly count these as "must have" parts

Obligatory setup picture..

https://i.imgur.com/GK5ZcUz.jpg
View Quote

What are those? Forgive me besides this being on by bucket list since before it was released I'm pretty scar ignorant. Are they replacement panels for the rail?

Edit- I'm probably jumping into a new platform at the worst time. Ammo and mags for this thing is going to be an expensive hunt with that said I'm still pretty pumped.

I might not do anything but trigger and mags until I have enough ammo to shoot it on a consistent basis. Maybe I should be on the lookout for a scar16 so I can actually shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Picked it up from the local FFL Friday and took it out Saturday morning. I was only able to get ahold of 150 rds locally but that was decent to test this thing out.

WOW is all I could say I was able to hit a 10x12 plate at 100 yards standing with the irons out the box. Follow up shots we're as easy as my son's super duty (very light shooting setup).

I know it's easy to get caught up in something new but I would have to say this is the most impressed I've been on a first outing.

Vickers Sling and tan OKW on the way along with some extra mags. I opted for a arisaka offset pic mount with push button for now.

I'm probably going to have to wait on the optic for now but I'm thinking of a razor jm1 with an offset rmr or eotech and magnifier but need to research more. I have to figure out what I plan on doing with it but I'm sure 0-600 is doable.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#11]
If you do get an Eotech, make sure it's one of the newer models with the transverse battery compartment. A Scar 17 will eat an old version quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top