Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2020 11:26:53 PM EDT
I’m in the early stages of turning a large closet into a vault. The back half will be the vault. The front half of it will be a small work room. I plan to replace the door with a Murphy door (shelves that open up.) The doorway is pretty standard. I’ve been shopping for a Murphy door but haven’t found what I want. I found one that looks great but it only opens inward. I want an outward opening door. Does anyone have recommendations? I don’t want to build it myself because being a door and shelving can be tricky and I’m no carpenter.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#2]
200 off 849 or more right now. Thats tempting. The price always pushes me toward building one. The materials and hinges would be 1/3 of the price if you have the woodworking tools to do it
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Murphy door makes both inswing and outswing doors.
I just got one of their 72 inch surface mount bifolds.

https://murphydoor.com/

View Quote

I saw these guys already. I almost ordered but several reviews said they weren’t impressed with quality.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered from these guys: https://www.hideawaydoor.com/
They use real wood and can build custom pieces. It should take about six weeks to get my order. I'll let you know what I think of it when I get it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I used hideadoor.com

The quality is fantastic, but the communication during the process was awful.

There were problems with emails from the beginning, but the best part was how the whole process ended.

My wife gets home one day to find a monster 500+ lb crate sitting in my driveway next to the road.  No call from the freight company, no info from hideadoor that it had shipped or anything.

I'm at work, so I have to find a couple friends to go to my house and get this thing moved so my wife can get to the garage.  

The two guys that helped out that day still bitch about how heavy it was getting it into my basement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top