Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2018 6:11:03 PM EDT
I just bought a spray gun and compressor, along with several colors of cerakote.  I'm planning to finish this rifle as close to Multicam as I can get it.

I've done some Cerakote work before with @Trojanman at his house, but never anything this complex.  From the videos I've watched, it looks like I will need about 7 coats to do the pattern right.  Has anyone here ever done anythng this complex and have any pointers?  The colors I purchased are as follows:

MagPul Flat Dark Earth
CoyoteTan
Mil Spec O.D. Green
Multicam Green
Desert Verde
Benelli Sand
Patriot Brown

And finally Burnt Bronze to go with the Geissele DDC things.  I'll probably do the barrel and small parts in burnt bronze.  Or maybe not.  I'm not sure yet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Spray base coats, bake, stencil, bake.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 3:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Well, here's the result. There's some things I would have done differently. I would have used a more reddish brown as my final coat of the tan gradient. I also would have had more green showing. Still though, this was my first time attempting to cerakote with no help from more experienced friends. While I'm not completely amazed by it, it could have turned out a lot worse.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet, I’d be pretty damn stoked if that was my rifle and first attempt at cerakote. Cheers
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Great job!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
A bad cerakote job is still better than a krylon job anyday in my book, looks pretty good though! Good job
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn.  Very nice job.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#7]
i would be proud to own that rifle!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#8]
OP I agree with your assessment. A little more of the rust and green color may have made it pop a little but overall a great job
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Dig.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:58:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks everyone!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top