Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2023 3:07:24 PM EDT
Picked up my MPX  today  after 8.5 months.  I fondled an MCX to look at the folding stock which I think I would prefer and they had a used kate moss stock laying around.  

It's well used and came off an illegal sbr that someone pawned.  When guy came to get his illegal sbr out of pawn they kept the stock.  It's been floating around the store for a few weeks and they didn't want it so they gave it to me... for free.

ETA: based on interweb research it is a sig stock(I thought it was a fake/copy).  I scored on this one!

I shot a box of ammo through it and the sig sights are surprisingly nice.  Optic recommendation?  Not looking to spend big-$$$$ on anything.  I guess the big choice is between pistol-size or rifle-size optics.  The sig iron sights were a decent height for me, so looking for a similar height optic.

Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
509T on a riser?
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Mro on absolute mount.

Link Posted: 3/28/2023 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the crap picture, uploaded a better one!  

Both those options I’ve never used and don’t want to spend so much $$ without trying either out first to see if I like it.  

I have an aimpoint pro and a bushnell trs26 laying around.  Aimpoint is bulkier than I’d like.  I really like the bushnell and am going to try it out this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
What about something like a Holosun 403B? Those can be had for like, $130.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend has many assorted holosuns, I will check out the ones he has.  

What about a romeo5?  I know the sig optics are imported, but it checks all my blocks I think?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Romeo5 is a great optic that I use on my MPX’s.  Own over 20 of them with no issues.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Romeo5 is a great optic that I use on my MPX’s.  Own over 20 of them with no issues.
View Quote

Can you see the sig iron sights through the romeo5?  

You have 20+ of the Romeo5?  That’s impressive!
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Can you see the sig iron sights through the romeo5?  

You have 20+ of the Romeo5?  That’s impressive!
View Quote

I don’t have factory Sig irons.  They’re Magpuls and they provide absolute cowitness when flipped up.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Romeo 5 on a Scalarworks cowitness riser
Sig Sauer Telescoping/Folding Stock
Magpul backup sights
A3 Tactical modular vertical foregrip w/integrated hand-stop - compact

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an MPX 8in model with factory  Sig folding sights. Originally I had a Vortex Sparc on it, then changed to a Trijicon MRO and it shot great (never experienced all the parallax fuss over it)  but the MRO seemed a little bulky/tall.  Just got a Holosun 510c to try out.  You can see the flip up sights through both without issue.

Funny thing is when I first got it, I was more accurate with the Sig folding sights than with a red dot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
… but the MRO seemed a little bulky/tall.

Funny thing is when I first got it, I was more accurate with the Sig folding sights than with a red dot.
View Quote

These sig iron sights are really pretty awesome!  I’m glad mine came with them.  
This trs26 seems tall also…  the sig sights are visible through it but below the dot.  It seems like it may snag on things, but I’m going to try it out for a couple weeks since I already have it.  

I read the fde stocks are desireable?  If anybody wants to trade me a black one my fde is available!  
Is the black on the insides factory or did somebody paint that on?  The black is a thick layer, almost looks like nail polish.  Acetone didn’t remove it though.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top