Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2018 10:48:25 PM EDT
Title says all.

I'm getting ready to move to a new place but I have two suppressors tied up in the NFA approval process.  Is this something I need to discuss with the dealer or the NFA branch?  I purchased them in Jan of this year.  Check was cashed in Feb.  Based on some of posts in the suppressor forum it would appear my turn should be coming up soon.  But I'll be in the process of moving to the new house.  Obviously will have to update my address on my ID etc.... but that will mean if the stamps are not in yet the information on the paperwork will reflect where I'm currently at.  Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
In state move?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, same city, just a few miles from my current place.

It's a much better place for our needs and it just happened now is a good time for us to make the move.  Just wondering if it will affect my pending suppressor approvals?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Your fine as long as it is intrastate.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup you are fine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You are fine.  No issues with that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Appreciate the replies.  I just wanted to make sure I'm not going to have any hassles when I get the phone call.  As I understand it the dealer still has to do a 4473 like any other firearm transaction when its time to take them home. I wasn't sure if my ID changing to a new address and reflected on that paperwork was going to be an issue with it not matching what would be on the previously submitted form 4 paperwork.  Thanks again for your responses.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Appreciate the replies.  I just wanted to make sure I'm not going to have any hassles when I get the phone call.  As I understand it the dealer still has to do a 4473 like any other firearm transaction when its time to take them home. I wasn't sure if my ID changing to a new address and reflected on that paperwork was going to be an issue with it not matching what would be on the previously submitted form 4 paperwork.  Thanks again for your responses.
View Quote
I believe I always fill out the 4473 and they just file it without calling it in.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems redundant to me they would be required to call in the 4473 since in theory you've already been background checked through the issuance of the stamp process. But our Gov't is stupid like that on many things.  I have my concealed license in Texas so none of my 4473s get called in lol.  One of the perks of having one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top