Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2020 5:50:46 PM EDT
I recently picked up a Weatherby pa-o8 12 ga. I have a spare Primary Arms micro dot around and would like to put it on the shotgun. The reciever isnt drilled amd tapped. Would rather try a universal type mount.

I've found some for a Rem and a Mossberg but jack for this weatherby.  Gonna use it for spring Turkey season and the red dot would help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Would like to keep the drill and tap as a last resort as I dont think anyone around me would be able to do it.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]
drill and tap
hands down.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely drill & tap. It's cheap, easy and the very best option by far. If you have at least a cheapo China drill press & small vice, it would be ideal. I drilled & tapped my Remington 870 and I love it.

At first I was trying to find someone who would do it for me, but the cost for that was more than buying a drill press and doing it myself. It's super simple.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely drill & tap. It's cheap, easy and the very best option by far. If you have at least a cheapo China drill press & small vice, it would be ideal. I drilled & tapped my Remington 870 and I love it.

At first I was trying to find someone who would do it for me, but the cost for that was more than buying a drill press and doing it myself. It's super simple.
View Quote
its $10 a hole at most gunsmiths here.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top