Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2021 3:13:31 PM EDT
Of the all the options, MI, KAC, B&T, HK MLI.....

Which is the most secure/robust?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Kac.

The rail extends over and hugs the receiver. It’s so robust it doubles as an optic mount/base
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kac.

The rail extends over and hugs the receiver. It’s so robust it doubles as an optic mount/base
View Quote

Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s my opinion only, I believe its only worth the cost if you get the fore end and the optics mount.  I do not believe the KAC fore end is all that special without the optics mount.

I do have the for end with the Aimpoint mount.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Knights combo on one gun.  It's bullet proof, just a solid, well made, and expensive forend and mount.  I have the lightweight B&T forend and optics mount on another gun. That combo is much less expensive, but i think just as well made and attaches solidly to the gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have the Knights combo on one gun.  It's bullet proof, just a solid, well made, and expensive forend and mount.  I have the lightweight B&T forend and optics mount on another gun. That combo is much less expensive, but i think just as well made and attaches solidly to the gun.
View Quote

@abud Links to B&T bits?

ETA: OP question, KAC and Surefire.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a KAC on my full size right now, but have gone through several handguards.

KAC is definitely number one..

My second favorite to the KAC is the Cadex Defense forend.

Then the Fab Defense tri rail was a solid option. Very solid mounting, probably more so than all the others. Just didn't like the cut out style picatinny.

B&T rail, not the lightweight, was pretty good

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the KAC rail, problem is it removes some of the finish on the gun under neath the rail on the sides of the gun.  But I love mine so much I never intend to remove it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#9]
No love here for the Midwest Industries model?
I don't have one, it just looks solid in pics and videos.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one. Other than one of the set screws loosening up after a few hundred rounds fired I haven't any issues with it. Dunno how robust it is in comparison to something like a KAC but the price is right at least.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@abud Links to B&T bits?

ETA: OP question, KAC and Surefire.
View Quote

https://bt-parts.com/b-t-light-handguard-for-mp5-alumnium-with-3-x-nar/
https://bt-parts.com/bt-21222-b-t-mounting-rail-nar-low-profile-mount/
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The KAC rail is the best but it’s only worth it if you get the optic mount which is unobtanium.The rails are everywhere but I rarely see the optic mount that goes with it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love the KAC rail, problem is it removes some of the finish on the gun under neath the rail on the sides of the gun.  But I love mine so much I never intend to remove it.
View Quote
If this is the case you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The KAC rail is the best but it’s only worth it if you get the optic mount which is unobtanium.The rails are everywhere but I rarely see the optic mount that goes with it.
View Quote

The rails and optic mounts are both readily available for BIN MSRP prices on gun broker. A LGS here even has the KAC mp5 optic mounts in stock.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.

I have one on a PTR. The rail isn’t flat, it actually cants towards the front of the gun. You can’t put a light on it, it sits canted in.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope.

I have one on a PTR. The rail isn’t flat, it actually cants towards the front of the gun. You can’t put a light on it, it sits canted in.
View Quote

At what range are you trying to shine a light that the cant affects it that negatively?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Surefire M63 that’s solid as fuck.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#19]
KAC. Compared to the surefire front screw tension, the KAC is much more robust by clamping down onto the trunnion. Someone already said it, but that and the wrapping around the trunnion to hug it means the rail is not going anywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top