Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2021 7:10:14 PM EDT
I bought a used Mossberg 702 Plinkster today( $40 ), And it has no magazine with it. So I loaded a single round in and did not fire. Tried 2 different ammos and same problem. The firing pin is hitting way out on the outer part of the rim not enough to set the primer off. I cleaned the gun and looked it over I can't see any thing broken or worn out. This might sound dumb and I don't have any experience with these type of guns. But can this be because of the magazine is not in it. Looking thou the mag well the firing pin is visible its directly up from where the next round is and the follower would be. It almost looks like the pin would be pushed up with a round or follower hitting it.  I tried to google and do a search and nothing. Thanks for any help!!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Where in pa? My 702 was stolen years ago along with 8 other guns lol
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where in pa? My 702 was stolen years ago along with 8 other guns lol
View Quote

I had a FN FAL , and WASR Ak and Remington 700 in 300RUM stolen also.... Sucks still Hot over it just thinking about it. I feel your pain....

Bought the 702 off my dealer who bought it from our gun club , they got rid of their junior training classes and didn't need it anymore.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I just loaded and fired my 702 without a magazine and it functioned fine with Remington thunderbolts and CCI mini mags. Do you have a better picture of the bolt?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Could the pin be broke?

I found a pic that shows the whole length and the pivot point could be it broke there letting it drop on the front end. They have the whole bolt for $20 here is one on ebay also Ebay
Dont know if you know that the Rossi rs22 is the same gun also, you can find mags sometimes at cheaper prices depending on sites.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely check the pin, mine broke and I replaced it before it was stolen. I had a few thousand rounds through it when it broke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top