Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2023 2:30:24 PM EDT
What are the options for vented pants other than crye or uf?  I just can’t bring myself to pay $300+ for something that in all reality I will rarely wear. Also, how well do they actually work?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#1]
UF Pro are the only ones with actual "Vents" on their Striker HT or ULT line. But if you just want stretch panels which act like vents kind of, and don't want to pay a ton - Emerson 2019 Revision G3 Replica's (EM9319) or UR Tactical may be two to look at. I have UF Pro and Emerson and the Emerson's aren't garbage. There's another thread talking about this, too.

EM9319 Pants

UR Tactical Pants

Other Thread
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a pair from Vertx a while back. They have mesh cutouts on the lower legs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure of your intended purpose, but for the price, Tru-Spec 24-7 Expedition pants, aren't bad for warmer weather training. They have some side zip vents...

ROCK6

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
While not vented the UR Tactical pants are very nice and really sturdy. I have a pair of the Advanced Fast Response pants. Took the knee pads out and wore them hunting last year during the hottest deer season I can recall and they were great. Use them with the knee pads at the range regularly. It’s nice to have the legs loose when it’s hot but still having some knee protection. You can cinch the knees down when doing a positional drills etc.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a pair from Vertx a while back. They have mesh cutouts on the lower legs.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Some KUIU pants have side vents/zips.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions.

Useage will be just for general purpose work outside, range, and I plan on taking my first carbine class this summer.

The reason I was asking about vented specifically is because as I’ve gotten a little older(still pretty young @ 34), two things have happened, I feel more heat in my legs when I get hot and my legs seem to sweat more than they used to. I remember seeing the uf pro pants a couple of years ago and thought they were neat. I have a pair of tru spec pants, not sure of the model, but they’re excellent winter time pants with some thermals under them but they are pretty toasty in warm weather.

I live in Tennessee and during the summers the temps are typically in the mid-upper 90’s with a million percent humidity and wear shorts whenever possible but obviously that’s not always practical
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure of your intended purpose, but for the price, Tru-Spec 24-7 Expedition pants, aren't bad for warmer weather training. They have some side zip vents...

ROCK6

View Quote

+1 the tru spec expedition pants.  Get a thick yoga mat and cut knee pads to-size.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top