Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 8:13:49 PM EDT
I just picked up a Mini 14 ranch rifle and was wondering if anyone has tried mounting a red dot on the rail that ruger provides with the new minis? It looks like a crossfire 2/ TRS 25 optic may fit on the very rear of the rail.

I got the mini cheap and I don’t want to spend $300 for a red dot and ultimak for it if I can avoid it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an Aimpoint 9000L on one in 30 mm ruger rings.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that pic rail mount new, as in 582 series?  Does it screw in over the Ruger mounting points?

Edit:  I have a 189 series Ranch and I tried a clamp on pic rail, and it sat way too tall once a scope was mounted.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that pic rail mount new, as in 582 series?  Does it screw in over the Ruger mounting points?

Edit:  I have a 189 series Ranch and I tried a clamp on pic rail, and it sat way too tall once a scope was mounted.
View Quote
My 583 ranch rifle came with that same rail, it has three bolt holes. You don’t have to use those weird ruger mounting points.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wish somebody made a RDS that clamped directly to the Ruger scope ring base.

Then it would be as low as it could ever get.
View Quote
I have this one, it is from GG&G. It is pretty low, not sure if the ultimak rail is lower.

Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wish somebody made a RDS that clamped directly to the Ruger scope ring base.

Then it would be as low as it could ever get.
View Quote
I was thinking a unit that used the rear scope scallops and the rear sight tapped hole.

Would include a mounting spot for the red dot and a new click adjustable rear sight, all in one.

Get to work
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was looking at making exactly that.

But then remembered I have to much going on right now.
View Quote
Please make one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I put a Ruger 30mm ring on the front mount and put a Aimpoint PRO in it.
Worked very well.
I had a picture somewhere but I seem to have trashed it.

If you want a deal on the 30mm ring and a Primary Arms red dot to fit in it, drop me a line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top