User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hah I know the same guys.  Although I know them from before the TMHS (87-89) when we were just the 36th C&D.  I do Mabry.  The Nimitz museum is a long hike but we are putting together some Navy SEABEE uniforms to participate with them.

Currently we do Mabry, Waxahachie, Fort Hood, Dallas Air show and Fort Washita in Ok.  We stopped doing Brents because it just got to be less and less fun as a participant.

There used to be a 4th Gebirgsjaeger unit in Dallas run by Barry Sandlin.  He shows up every now and then with his daughter portraying medics.

I am in the same boat as you for shaving.  After having to for 20 years.  I just cut whatever I have down with a 1 and call it good.  For the Fort Hood event you can wear civvies as a lot of folks do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds fun. Do you do any of the TMHS/Nimitz or Mabry stuff. The Nimitz and Mabry crew was my group back in the day with Jeff and Marvin.  TBH my only hang up now is time and shaving. After 23 years of having to shave I enjoy the hell out of not doing it now!!
Maybe I need to find a Free French unit or German Mountain unit lol

Do you know of anything coming up at the Audie Murphy museum or any help they need with projects or what not?

@SVT40

Hah I know the same guys.  Although I know them from before the TMHS (87-89) when we were just the 36th C&D.  I do Mabry.  The Nimitz museum is a long hike but we are putting together some Navy SEABEE uniforms to participate with them.

Currently we do Mabry, Waxahachie, Fort Hood, Dallas Air show and Fort Washita in Ok.  We stopped doing Brents because it just got to be less and less fun as a participant.

There used to be a 4th Gebirgsjaeger unit in Dallas run by Barry Sandlin.  He shows up every now and then with his daughter portraying medics.

I am in the same boat as you for shaving.  After having to for 20 years.  I just cut whatever I have down with a 1 and call it good.  For the Fort Hood event you can wear civvies as a lot of folks do.
We might have seen each other.  I did 101st Baker Co  from 01-05.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

A Gebirgsjaeger impression would be fun, especially since I already have most of the gear for that impression. When is the next event down at Hood? I'll definitely have to try and make that.

I went overseas in 2000 and dint get back to TX till 2005. I only did a few events with Jeff and the Mabry crew then due to not having enough time and not really wanting to drive to most of the events east of Austin from San Angelo.

ETA a 5th Gebirgsjaeger Division would be good, because it could do Italy and Eastern Front events.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was still in the Navy back then.  I was in the 36th C&D (forerunner to the TMHS) from 87-89.  I left for boot camp in September of 1989 and did not come back till 2010.

Quoted:

A Gebirgsjaeger impression would be fun, especially since I already have most of the gear for that impression. When is the next event down at Hood? I'll definitely have to try and make that.

I went overseas in 2000 and dint get back to TX till 2005. I only did a few events with Jeff and the Mabry crew then due to not having enough time and not really wanting to drive to most of the events east of Austin from San Angelo.

ETA a 5th Gebirgsjaeger Division would be good, because it could do Italy and Eastern Front events.

The next Fort Hood event is October 7-9.  Go here for more info and registration requirements.

Also on facebook Fort Hood Rally
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top