Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2022 1:08:15 AM EDT
Military Heritage muskets

Over the years, I've had the urge to get a "correct" Rev-war era Brown Bess musket replica   "Military Heritage" offers complete muskets..with the touch hole not drilled (allowing them to ship anywhere directly as it's not technically a firearm).  Drilling the touch hole once in your possession is a no brainer.
Anyone familiar with the company and/or quality of their products?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
@SrBenelli

I'm familiar with the Pedersoli Brown Bess.  Those are 3x as expensive ($1599 v $599) and are out of stock.

Muzzle loaders think Indian guns are shit.

A kit from The Rifle Shoppe is the gold standard).

Or an original.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Loyalist Arms in Canada also offers these Indian made arms, but has a higher quality reputation.

Lots of threads on the Muzzleloading Forum .  Google shows the way.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the info so far.  While I'd LOVE to own one of he more higher end pieces,  for what I'll use it for... A sub $800 piece is more financially realistic.

I'm looking at the L A link you sent.  A little bit more $$$, but seemingly a better reputation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Try these folks:

https://www.muzzleloadershop.com/factory-guns/loyalist-arms/

They're Loyalist Arms US 'distributors'. Their shop is a shed on the side of their house and don't deal with any cartridge guns at all to avoid having an FFL + its hassles. They have day jobs so calling late afternoons is best.

They don't have all the stock that the Canadian store has but ship much faster. Took from Aug th Mar for Canadian store vs. 7 days for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top