Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought my RLL from Frank a few months ago. They were great with communication etc, nothing bad
View Quote
I’m assuming you’ve been able to inspect the RLL?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I’m assuming you’ve been able to inspect the RLL?
View Quote
Yes when my SOT received it. I think they have a 3 day return policy or something. Looks as expected
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What has given him such a bad rep?  Poor communication?  Slow movement?  Buyers receiving MGs in unacceptable, not as advertised condition?
View Quote
He was notorious for taking really bad photos of MGs and listing them as in great condition, which makes for a lot of unhappy buyers. He was also very vague in descriptions, almost sketchy, like he would call a Colt Sp1 a M16....yeah I get that its in the M16 family, but a SP1 that has been converted vs a factory Colt RR that is marked M16 or M16A1 is a BIG difference in price. He would also list something as  "Colt Commando" but it didn't actually have a true Colt Commando lower, it was just a random SP1 Colt lower that had a 11.5" commando upper on it, I cant sell my M16 as a M4 just because I put a 14.5" barrel upper on it, that's not how it works. I cant confirm this but I believe i remember reading on here about someone who thought they were buying a non-colt Olympic RR from him and ended up receiving a RLL in a semi-auto Olympic lower, again, poor description and terrible pictures.

With that said, those days seem to be behind him and he and his staff seem to take more pride in selling a quality product.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He was notorious for taking really bad photos of MGs and listing them as in great condition, which makes for a lot of unhappy buyers. He was also very vague in descriptions, almost sketchy, like he would call a Colt Sp1 a M16....yeah I get that its in the M16 family, but a SP1 that has been converted vs a factory Colt RR that is marked M16 or M16A1 is a BIG difference in price. He would also list something as  "Colt Commando" but it didn't actually have a true Colt Commando lower, it was just a random SP1 Colt lower that had a 11.5" commando upper on it, I cant sell my M16 as a M4 just because I put a 14.5" barrel upper on it, that's not how it works. I cant confirm this but I believe i remember reading on here about someone who thought they were buying a non-colt Olympic RR from him and ended up receiving a RLL in a semi-auto Olympic lower, again, poor description and terrible pictures.

With that said, those days seem to be behind him and he and his staff seem to take more pride in selling a quality product.
View Quote
I noticed that too, specifically with the Colt SP-1s, I also noticed that on David Spiwak’s website, labeling Colt SP-1s as “M-16.”  I guess it comes down to knowing what you are shopping for.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Franks treated me very well and helped me move some machineguns for a very fair price. Offered me a lot more than any of the other dealers out there. I will always give that man my business.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Keep the M16.  Get a spare upper for it for shooting fun and keep the original upper in near unfired condition.

It's not like the lower gets much wear and tear anyway.
View Quote
Not an expert, but that is what I’d do!
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What has given him such a bad rep?  Poor communication?  Slow movement?  Buyers receiving MGs in unacceptable, not as advertised condition?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not believe so.

FWIW Frank seems to have come a long way in recent years. The description of MGs he selling, level of communication and overall professionalism has increased. But he still seems to hold a bad reputation within the NFA community and new buyers should always ask a free extra questions to be sure you k ow exactly what you're buying.
I saw a lot of not only poor "intentional?" descriptions, but some that were down right lies.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top