Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2018 1:28:28 PM EDT
I've owned it a long time; not sure how long, but over 20 years for sure.
Put some cases in last night, and let it run overnight.  Checked it early this morning, and the smoke had leaked out of the motor and it stopped turning.  I run it on a hard flat surface, so no fire hazard.

I certainly got my money's worth, but I'm still kind of bummed.

My RCBS that I picked up used is still chugging.  Its not as old, but still probably at least 15.

It was nice having two.  Gonna have to pick up a replacement.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a Franklin arsenal wet tumbler.

No dust and shiny clean brass.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, this might be the impetus I need to get into wet tumbling.

There's things I like about wet tumbling (clean primer pockets), but there's also things I don't like about it (gotta wait for brass to dry and dispose of nasty water).
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:58:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
This is why I keep coming back to arf.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
My midway tumbler is still running along, but I've kept that thread handy for years now - glad to help.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine is still going strong, but now it probably be jinxed
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine's gotta be close to 15 years old. I thought mine died too, once, until I tore into it and saw that it was just a wire that frayed and became disconnected. That was probably 10 years ago or so. Still going strong!
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]
19 years old - I just noticed my lid is cracking. I don't see any replacement parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top