Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2018 4:36:29 PM EDT
hey guys, I'm trying to get a hold of Mark to pick up one of the bullet guides he sells, if he still does anyway. The MauiarmsATmauiDOTnet email no longer works, does anyone know if he still sells these, or how to contact him?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
IMed you his phone number.

Not sure if it still works but give it a try.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
jbntex  you're awesome! hopefully its still in service, even if it isn't I really appreciate your looking it up for me.  all you guys have been awesome
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I just talked to Mark, super nice guy, said hes making up a new batch of the bullet guides I don't want to post his info but I do have his new email address for mauiarms, feel free to pm me if you'd like it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear it all worked out.

I have considered grabbing a spare guide as some point as they are plastic and I presume will wear out with time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just talked to Mark, super nice guy, said hes making up a new batch of the bullet guides I don't want to post his info but I do have his new email address for mauiarms, feel free to pm me if you'd like it.
View Quote
IM sent
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Its no longer necessary on new fightlites, but it wont hurt anything to have it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its no longer necessary on new fightlites, but it wont hurt anything to have it.
View Quote
What about a G5 Shrike?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Little update on this kinda old thread but Mark won't be making anymore of the bullet guides, which sucks as I hadn't gotten one yet.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Little update on this kinda old thread but Mark won't be making anymore of the bullet guides, which sucks as I hadn't gotten one yet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright I've decided to start making these things myself.... I've got a crude prototype setup that I need to test, if all goes well I will draw up some plans and post them here so that anyone will be able to have the part 3d printed.   I wanted to be sure that Mark wasn't making them anymore before I start on this though.  I'll update this thread with the info when I have the chance, if anyone happens to have one of these and can perhaps send me a simple drawing it'll help me cut down the time to get a final 3d printer ready file rolling.

Again, I have no intention of selling these as I have nothing but respect for Mark, and in honesty I would rather have paid him for this idea than go it on my own. And as long as no one gives me a good reason not to I will post the info for all of us to use as needed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one... which dimensions do you need?
definitely wouldn't hurt to have a spare...
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#12]
a Member actually is going to get one to me, as soon as I have it in hand I'll draw up some plans for it and get it put into a file format for 3d printing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Update on this, I've got one of Marks bullet guides in hand when I've got the time I'll get it drawn up. Also I might simplify it a little bit as there are some unnecessary radius's.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Any progress on your project?
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 2:52:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I would be interested too for my Shrike.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I could use a spare.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys, I'm still working on this I've drawn up the part on paper the part that is slowing me down is learning to use the 3d modeling software, I can make a great mechanical drawing on paper, but I'm finding 3d modeling is a bit more complicated. I've gotten to the point where I am just going to get my mechanical drawings to a friend who can more easily model this for me, I'll keep you guys updated on the progress! Hopefully this will materialize soon!
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#18]
thanks!

I would also be interested in one please...
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Alrighty update time....

I've got the part drawn up and I'm ready to send the file in to get it printed (shapeways). Once I've gotten one printed and polished in hand I'll do some testing to assure that it will work with the variety of ammo.

Here is where I'll need the most input from you guys, namely what ammo feeds the worst in your shrike? I'm not necessarily talking about jams, but also the situation were we see the nose of the projectile chopped or otherwise abnormally deformed.

I will test with steel cased hollowpoints and softpoints as they stick in the links the worst, are there any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 2:36:57 AM EDT
[#20]
223 Remington & under-powered 556's jams my Shrike...
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top