Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2022 6:42:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I built my CETME-L from a parts kit. It was pretty great, but Marcolmar's build quality was a million times better. They are a real gun company.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Soqnish?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:51:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive shot a couple a few different times but cant get past the sight arrangement and weight of the gun. If you have not handled one id try and find one to fondle before ordering. Very smooth shooting though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m struggling with this now. I really want a CETME L from Marcolmar but definitely have better things I need to use my money for right now.
So far everything I’ve read seem to point to them being a well made rifle that’s a lot of fun to shoot. The videos I’ve watched online show them to be smooth shooting and reliable.
I’ll probably order one with a rail by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got 3 cetme's. A MCM LC, a MCM L in grey with green furniture and a rail, and a Hill and Mac made one. The MCM ones are fantastic, i'd highly suggest them. The H&M one I got for less than 800, got it for more of a collectors piece than anything.

The MCM guns shoot great. There is a different manual of arms with them, but you get use to them the more you use them. The ergos and weight are its downfall, but it makes up for that with its felt recoil.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Military parts guns aren't going to last forever, if you want one, now's the time.

I have two of them, one is unfired, the other is a shooter, which is 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a model L and a LC - both in green. I regret not ordering the LC earlier as I wanted one without the rail but all they had left was the railed version. I will look on the secondary market for a non-railed LC to SBR per the original.

Nice shooting rifles, very good fit and finish. Wouldn't necessarily be my main rifle but one usually goes to the range with me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Military parts guns aren't going to last forever, if you want one, now's the time.

I have two of them, one is unfired, the other is a shooter, which is 100% reliable.
View Quote

Truer words have never been spoken.

In the last 30 years I’ve seen how this game plays out over and over and over again. A milsurp gun like the Cetme will be available for awhile and at a fair price, with only sorta average interest. One day they’ll finally sellout, likely to never return. And only then will everyone and their grandma suddenly decide they badly need one. To which prices will rise accordingly.

I’ve seen this happen so many times that it’s about as predictable as the sun rising. The biggest current example is with the AK market. Especially AK-74’s. Between the early 2000’s and about 2018 or so there were all kinds of great 74’s available. Often at reasonable prices. (For a long time you could get a good 74 for less than $700.) But there was never a large demand for these rifles until imports started drying up around 2018. And now the better 74’s start at around $2,000. Want a NIB Arsenal SGL-31 or SLR-104; guns that originally sold for under $1,000? You’d better have $4,000+ in your pocket.

What I’m saying is: if you think you want a Cetme, just buy it. At worst you can resell it later and almost certainly get all your money back. At best, and most likely, today’s $1,350 Cetme will be hard to find on the user market for less than $2,000. Hell, inflation alone will take care of most of that. To say nothing of future collector value.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Marcolmar is now out of the LC models (at least in black and green ). There is only a couple of black ones listed on Gunbroker. As others have stated, I believe these are going to be a sleeper for a while - and then they will be a hot thing.

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Can someone please link me to the bag the cetme-LC came with from the manufacturer??  I need about 4-5 more of those bags.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Wanted one a while. Just never dropped the hammer on one. I end up buying other things.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://marcolmarfirearms.com/shop

you guys know anything about these rifles?

soqnish parts 223 cetme takes at mags
View Quote

I purchased one last night. We'll see how it turns out when I pick it up later this week.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#18]
They are good to go. Have one in my safe and it’s a cool design. The release is a afterthought location but cool gun
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Here she is in all her glory.

Seems to be well built. So far, it seems to be picky about mags. The included C-Products mag would not latch into the magwell.

I went through a stack of STANAG mags that I have.

It likes older OKAY mags, some ASC, Koreans, Lancers and some D&H.
I can get some 20 rounders and some 30 rounders to work.

The newer Surefeeds were hit or miss. The slick sided ones would not lock in. The dimpled ones would but a few of the dimples interfere with the magwell.

No rhyme or reason to which mag might latch in.

I need to get it out to the range but do beware that not every STANAG mag will work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Here she is in all her glory.

https://i.imgur.com/Bcd9y4U.jpg

Seems to be well built. So far, it seems to be picky about mags. The included C-Products mag would not latch into the magwell.

I went through a stack of STANAG mags that I have.

It likes older OKAY mags, some ASC, Koreans, Lancers and some D&H.
I can get some 20 rounders and some 30 rounders to work.

The newer Surefeeds were hit or miss. The slick sided ones would not lock in. The dimpled ones would but a few of the dimples interfere with the magwell.

No rhyme or reason to which mag might latch in.

I need to get it out to the range but do beware that not every STANAG mag will work.
View Quote

Might just need to be worn in. Both of mine has been good with all mags but only after doing a bunch of mag changes. My HMG made one on the other hand will only function with original cetme mags.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I think these are sleepers.  Marcolmars builds quality firearms.  They have built and sold number of AK74s, PKMs and bunch of others.  All have increased in value significantly.  I had an opportunity to buy their PKM about 10 years ago for $6000, I don’t.Now they are $15K.

I have Cetme LC, very nice rifle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone know where CETME bipods might be in stock?

I did find a bayonet on very good condition.

Also keeping an eye open for a like new sling.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Picked one up about a year ago.  Figured I needed to add a roller lock to the 5.56 collection.

Beautiful rifle.

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Untitled by Adam C, on Flickr" />

Love mine
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#25]

What did you use to get the flash hider off?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What did you use to get the flash hider off?
View Quote

It’s been awhile since I removed it, but I remember it being
a bear to remove.  I torched it and that helped a lot. I don’t recall any wrench flats on it.  Knowing me, I probably used a large flat head screwdriver inserted through the prongs.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It’s been awhile since I removed it, but I remember it being
a bear to remove.  I torched it and that helped a lot. I don’t recall any wrench flats on it.  Knowing me, I probably used a large flat head screwdriver inserted through the prongs.
View Quote

That's what I thought as in screwdriver. I'm going to make a hex tool that will engage the small radiused grooves at the the top and a pipe over the socket wrench. Otherwise it's a sacrificial screwdriver.  My dealer has a barrel vise so that should help as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's what I thought as in screwdriver. I'm going to make a hex tool that will engage the small radiused grooves at the the top and a pipe over the socket wrench. Otherwise it's a sacrificial screwdriver.  My dealer has a barrel vise so that should help as well.
View Quote

I did use a barrel vise.  If you are going to suppress it, make sure you get the suppressed locking piece from Marcolmar.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I did use a barrel vise.  If you are going to suppress it, make sure you get the suppressed locking piece from Marcolmar.
View Quote

Check, have the kit. How does it suppress? I bought a Sierra 5 just to dedicate to it and have a YHM flash hider to use my Turbo on in the meantime but that could be gassy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Check, have the kit. How does it suppress? I bought a Sierra 5 just to dedicate to it and have a YHM flash hider to use my Turbo on in the meantime but that could be gassy.
View Quote

I run a 30 cal can on it to reduce backpressure.  It suppresses nicely.  It's not gassy at all and seems quieter than my other 5.56 hosts.  I imagine that's due to it being roller locked.  

Even with the suppressed locking piece, mine functions perfectly unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I bought one when they first came out.  It was an OK shooter, but nothing that would make it stand out.  For me, the rifle I received was built with a dinged up parts kits… Other than those dings on the rear and front sight bases, the fit and finish was very good.

My only real complaint about the rifle was the small pistol grip, which didn’t fit well with my hands.

I was OK with the magazine issue since I have plenty of USGI 30rd mags to last a lifetime.  But, in the end, I traded it for a used Korean Max 2/K2 rifle.

I agree that these will be sleeper rifles, especially the LC versions, and in the next few years will sell for twice, if not more for the basic L rifles.

Link Posted: 8/21/2022 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#32]
RTG Parts has NOS bayonets, fwiw.

Attachment Attached File

They are the naval-marked version, with a black scabbard instead of green.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Fired it for the first time today-

20rds of Independence M193-  Very first shot failed to eject, and mangled the brass beyond re-use.  Beyond that, ejection was fairly consistent at 1-2 o'clock.  Brass didn't get launched into the next county as I had been expecting.

40rds of Malaysian M193-  Ejection pattern was all over the place.  Failure to eject on the last round fired.

Both malfunctions were both easily cleared.

Used a new E-Lander circa 2013 magazine.  Why?  Because the Bulgarian magazine I had intended to use would not lock-in at all.  The Korean mags do, however.  Will see if those work on the next range trip, and also to try a different load, such as the MKE M855.

Sighted-in at 50 meters.  Results were as expected.  The Trijicon Reflex blooms out horribly, and the bullseye was completely obscured at that distance.  Attempted to use the irons, but LASIK didn't improve that situation whatsoever, and I didn't even get it on paper.  This rifle would be worthless to me if I had cheaped out and not gotten the version with the 1913 rail.

The trigger is absolute dog shit, but that was expected before purchase.

The rifle comes with a padded "tactical" rifle case.  The zipper of which is mostly non-functional.  Considerable effort and foul language was required to open/close it.  It's going into the garbage.

As an experiment, have Moly-Kote'd the BCG.  If nothing else, it looks prettier now, lul.

Next project-  get a Harbor Freight belt sander,  and put an edge on the bayonet.   If reliability does not improve, then it should come in handy...
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:48:25 AM EDT
[#34]
I picked one up from my LGS over the weekend. I bought a black one with the rail.
Didn’t have a lot of time to look it over but what I saw seemed 100%. Fit and finish were excellent. The charging handle was incredibly stiff could hardly manipulate it at all. Trigger was a bit heavy compared to a mil spec AR trigger.

Not a complaint necessarily but I think the finish is a little too glossy/shiny, I’d prefer a matte finish.

I know a lot of people like the look of the original without the rail but I think if the rifle had stayed in service a permanent rail would have eventually been added to all the rifles especially since so many militaries are going to optics on general issue rifles.

I’m pleased with my purchase, can’t wait to range test it next week.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:49:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
RTG Parts has NOS bayonets, fwiw.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3906/20220818_123104_jpg-2497054.JPG

They are the naval-marked version, with a black scabbard instead of green.
View Quote

Thanks for the post on the NOS at RTG.  Ordered one and it arrived today.  Looks great.  I got my Gray CETME L in July and took it out twice so far. Really like it as an alternative to an AR.

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I picked up a green Cetme L w/rail from my FFL today that I ordered from AIM Surplus 5 days ago.

Hopefully I can get out to my range in the next couple of weeks to shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Finally was able to get through an entire thirty rounds without a FTE today.

Ejection is usually at 1:30, but several were at 4-ish.

Used a steel Fusil magazine.

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Today I took my black CETME L (with 16” barrel and fixed stock) to the range and was pleasantly surprised how much fun it was to shoot. I brought 150 rounds to put through the rifle.
Prior to going I pulled the bolt carrier group and lubed the crap out of it.

Using metal 30 round USGI mags only loading 20 rounds at a time I was able to put 50 rounds through the rifle without issue. Between 50-60 round count I had 2 failure to eject where a fresh round fed jamming the rifle. I was shooting rapid fire at the time and the jams were simple to clear. After those 2 jams it fed reliably up to 150 rounds.

All shooting was done with the iron sights. However, I bought a rail model and will be adding either a scope or a red dot before the next trip to the range.

To anyone on the fence about buying one of these rifles I can honestly say so far my opinion is it is definitely worth buying. My only regret was not buying one of the LC models and making it a SBR.

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Bought a green no rail a few yrs ago. Mine runs fine. More of a collector piece that may get fired occasionally.

To me the rifle feels very small and lite more like a M16 or SP1. Very slim design.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I started looking at making a locking charging handle, with some kind of a scissor-like mechanism. Not sure if it's doable or not. But I really want the HK slap on my CETME-L.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Hmm, these are intriguing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Does anyone know how many parts kits Marcolmar got in and built?
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#44]
@AbleArcher pretty sure I read they imported 10,000 kits but now I can't find a cite on this number.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@AbleArcher pretty sure I read they imported 10,000 kits but now I can't find a cite on this number.
View Quote

That's the number I was thinking as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 1:06:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the number I read. I have a Cetme L and it's a nice rifle that's fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#47]
If anyone was looking for a green no rail, kvar has the best deal I’ve ever seen on them…

https://www.k-var.com/cetme-l-rifle-spanish-green-no-rail?utm_source=sales&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cybermon_11_28_2022
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If anyone was looking for a green no rail, kvar has the best deal I've ever seen on them
View Quote

https://www.k-var.com/cetme-l-rifle-spanish-green-no-rail?utm_source=sales&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cybermon_11_28_2022

$940 is a good price. Link made hot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top