Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 12/2/2018 7:52:20 AM EDT
These have been in the works but are finally ready. The company bought 10,000 kits and invested in their own stamping and welding equipment. Furniture is made from Nylon 66. Barrels are hammer forged nitride 1x7 twist.

There are two models available. The first is a standard model with iron sights. The other is a model with a short railed section welded to the top of the reciever.

Within these two models are colored options. Rifles are available with a Cerakote finish. Choices are green, tan, black or gray.  Furniture matches the finish. Barrels are left in the black nitride color. Other colors may be available later as might be mix and match such as black Cerakote with green furniture, etc.

The guns look good and feel solid. I'm anxious to get my hands on one. It will be a nice addition to anyone's militaria collection.

I found it interesting that the railed models all seem to have the pronged flash hider while the more correct models all have the birdcage. I don't know if that was coincidence or not. Also, barrels are threaded to whatever was the Spanish standard and are not 1/2-28. Does that matter? Probably not although there are some of us who would use an AAC or Silencerco if that was an option.

Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I’d probably go with the original green but damn the black is sharp
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Interested
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d probably go with the original green but damn the black is sharp
View Quote
Black does look nice. Very HK-ish.

So far they've sold about 130 guns. Most have been green. That's probably the color I'll get.

As nice as the original is, I'd probably buy the railed version just to have a little more flexibility.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link for sale
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a bit of historical analysis:

CETME-L History & Disassembly
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Link for sale
View Quote
http://www.semiuk59.com/distribution.html

I assume Atlantic Firearms will sell these too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Something else I find "interesting" is the receiver's mag well. The new gun follows the original in profile and will only work with STANAG patterns. I imagine it would have been super easy to make the gun compatible with PMAG mags?  I guess E Mags will work. Too bad Magpul discontinued these.

But maybe mag compatibility is of little interest to 99% of those who are interested in this rifle. I don't think it'll keep me from buying one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Not the exact gun being discussed. But still an interesting video.

Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I put my name on the list and completed the form. Any word on a time frame for delivery?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#11]
cetme L furniture is unique, due to the rectangular receiver Hk furniture will not fit unless heavily modified.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I put my name on the list and completed the form. Any word on a time frame for delivery?
View Quote
Sorry. No specific information on shipping. But I definitely got the impression the guns are entering production and are shipping. Or will be soon.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome!!! Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]
A fluted chamber/delayed blowback 5.56 rifle that accepts STANAG mags has been on my want list for years...   once again this place costs me $$$
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I might look into one of those around March when I get my bonus
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks sweet I'll wait to see how the reviews are on them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice looking but a little out of my budget
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Any leads on accessories for these? Correct slings, cleaning kits, mag pouches, bayonets etc.? Most of the stuff on eBay & GB appears to be in pretty rough shape and/or for the earlier CETME .308 rifle.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone else receive an email from MarColMar today?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone else receive an email from MarColMar today?
View Quote
Nope. Good news or bad?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nope. Good news or bad?
View Quote
Hello from MarColMar Firearms!

We have been trying to reach you concerning your Cetme L order.  Please call us at your earliest convenience at 000 000-0000.
We would like to get the order confirmed and booked into our system as soon as possible... and once we do, your place in line is confirmed!

Thanks again for your order…  FYI Friday we will be at a funeral, so the shop will be closed all day… we are sorry for this inconvenience.

By the way, the Cetme L was on display at SAR Show in Phoenix this past weekend, and it was a big hit!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hello from MarColMar Firearms!

We have been trying to reach you concerning your Cetme L order.  Please call us at your earliest convenience at 000 000-0000.
We would like to get the order confirmed and booked into our system as soon as possible... and once we do, your place in line is confirmed!

Thanks again for your order…  FYI Friday we will be at a funeral, so the shop will be closed all day… we are sorry for this inconvenience.

By the way, the Cetme L was on display at SAR Show in Phoenix this past weekend, and it was a big hit!

Thanks!
View Quote
NICE!

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

NICE!

Thanks for sharing.
View Quote
I actually called at 7pm pst and someone answered! I was caught off guard by that given it is I think 10pm in IN. She said the first run is about 225 guns, half already paid for with dealers wanting the rest. They are out of paint and are ready to be built. She's calling people in the order they put in their "preorder" but only paying for it confirms your spot. Shipping is extra, TBD when she has zip codes and a weight for the packaged. First run to be ready last week of December or beginning of January.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for posting this !
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I actually called at 7pm pst and someone answered! I was caught off guard by that given it is I think 10pm in IN. She said the first run is about 225 guns, half already paid for with dealers wanting the rest. They are out of paint and are ready to be built. She's calling people in the order they put in their "preorder" but only paying for it confirms your spot. Shipping is extra, TBD when she has zip codes and a weight for the packaged. First run to be ready last week of December or beginning of January.
View Quote
put in my pre-order 2 days ago, n got a call today to confirm my order/payment for one in black with rail

Mk4dubbin, pretty much confirmed what I was told today also????
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Do these take regular magazines? The Forgotten Weapons said magazines were like Stanag but slightly different.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do these take regular magazines? The Forgotten Weapons said magazines were like Stanag but slightly different.
View Quote
@nightowl
They accept standard usgi mags. Polymer mags may or may not work
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Got a call from MarColMar yesterday evening plus a follow-up e-mail to call them for payment. Tried to call several times today with no answer. I don't get excited to often but I'm really looking forward to these for some reason. I will try again on Monday (they are closed tomorrow).
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@nightowl
They accept standard usgi mags. Polymer mags may or may not work
View Quote
Something else to keep in mind, until we know more about these guns, is the US parts count.  Is a US mag part of that count?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#32]
So, what are you guys getting? Rail or no rail? What color? I put in for a green with rail, but I keep waffling about the rail or not, to keep it authentic.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So, what are you guys getting? Rail or no rail? What color? I put in for a green with rail, but I keep waffling about the rail or not, to keep it authentic.
View Quote
Green, with rail.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I understand the desire to have an authentic copy. But I'd opt for rail just for the added versatility. The rear sight likely sits too high to mount a scope but there should be no concerns with mounting a red dot that is lower 1/3 or absolute co-witness.

Color-wise I'm guessing green is going to be the most popular since it was the factory color.

Regarding color; I wonder if some custom options aren't available. What about a black Cerakote model but with tan or green furniture? That might look pretty slick...
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Green, no rail
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Green, no rail
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Those sure look sharp.  I will have to get in on this later as I tapped out my gun fund buying AR stuff.  Stanag mag just means regular metal GI mag I am guessing?  If someone mentioned it above I missed it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
These have been in the works but are finally ready. The company bought 10,000 kits and invested in their own stamping and welding equipment. Furniture is made from Nylon 66. Barrels are hammer forged nitride 1x7 twist.

There are two models available. The first is a standard model with iron sights. The other is a model with a short railed section welded to the top of the reciever.

Within these two models are colored options. Rifles are available with a Cerakote finish. Choices are green, tan, black or gray.  Furniture matches the finish. Barrels are left in the black nitride color. Other colors may be available later as might be mix and match such as black Cerakote with green furniture, etc.

The guns look good and feel solid. I'm anxious to get my hands on one. It will be a nice addition to anyone's militaria collection.

I found it interesting that the railed models all seem to have the pronged flash hider while the more correct models all have the birdcage. I don't know if that was coincidence or not. Also, barrels are threaded to whatever was the Spanish standard and are not 1/2-28. Does that matter? Probably not although there are some of us who would use an AAC or Silencerco if that was an option.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181202/7101f874a6329fad60813cb02cc74164.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181202/84cdaf056dd9aed21da9ece9b280fde9.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181202/5ed390c130993187fa25d62bd0102d83.jpg
View Quote
Thanks for sharing this!  I was just looking last night at the receivers and could not find the kits! lol!  I have always wanted one.  May have to spring for it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Stanag mag just means regular metal GI mag I am guessing?  If someone mentioned it above I missed it.
View Quote
Yes although the Magpul Emag and the Troy plastic mags will probably work as will some other plastic mags. Gen 3 PMAGs might work too.

While the GEN M3 is optimized for Colt-spec AR15/M4 platforms, modified internal and external geometry also permits operation with a range of additional weapons such as the HK® 416/MR556A1/M27 IAR, British SA-80, FN® SCAR™ MK 16/16S, and others.
View Quote
According to Forgotten Weapons, the CETME L had a slightly off kilter mag well and the Spanish mags had slightly different feed lips to compensate. Not sure how big an issue this might be with good quality mags and/or if Marcolmar has corrected this with his US receiver.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Usgi mags seem to work just fine in this HMG build

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#41]
This was latest from Dave/8-24-18  in regards to magazines
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine has been on order since I heard of this. Im #18. Green/Green with rail. I cannot wait.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mine has been on order since I heard of this. Im #18. Green/Green with rail. I cannot wait.
View Quote
Nice????

Mine in black with rail, but gonna order green stock set separately

Something to note also,  I was curious on serial#s... Their starting their serial numbers as per each cetme L they used for testing
I Beleive they used total of 3 testers.  I'll see if I can find Dave commenting on that
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I believe he said the first guns for sale would start at L000137
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:11:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Something else I find "interesting" is the receiver's mag well. The new gun follows the original in profile and will only work with STANAG patterns. I imagine it would have been super easy to make the gun compatible with PMAG mags?  I guess E Mags will work. Too bad Magpul discontinued these.

But maybe mag compatibility is of little interest to 99% of those who are interested in this rifle. I don't think it'll keep me from buying one.
View Quote
If theirs are the same as an HMG flat the front of the magwell has to be raised.

Not really worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:48:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I believe he said the first guns for sale would start at L000137
View Quote
Yes your correct, my bad they didn't use 3 prototypes they used a total of 37...wow
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Neat, I wanted one of the kits when they hit the market but decided I didn’t have the skill or time necessary to build something I would be happy with.  This looks like a good alternative.  I put myself in the list for a green with rail.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Checkin if anybody got any current update on their order?

Emailed them on the 8th and 10th regarding my FFL dealer and my payment, but have not gotten a response.
If anything their so busy....all hands on deck
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I would call them, maybe leave a message if you need to. She called me back and got me squared away with no problems.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#50]
2 days ago he said there were still about 30 available in the first batch, finishing the manual, and rest of the stocks will be in next week.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top