Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2021 3:26:05 PM EDT
Went to shoot my new 15-22 yesterday and right out of the box discovered that it was missing the extractor.  First thought was to call S&W, but I figured they would want the whole thing sent in.  I ordered the parts from Brownells.  MGW has them also but after searching by part number, I found the plunger listed as for the S&W Victory.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Volquartsen. Mine shoots fine with no extractor.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I suspect they would have sent you the extractor or at the most had you send the bolt back for them to install it.  Often times they will also return a "goodie" if it was their fault.  Plus you get your part at no cost.  Not that an extractor is that pricey but you already paid for one you shouldn't have to buy one.

I'd still contact S&W and have them fix it.  At least you'll have a spare then.

Out of curiosity, does the pistol use the same bolt and such as the rifle? I'm guessing yes but I dunno.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suspect they would have sent you the extractor or at the most had you send the bolt back for them to install it.  Often times they will also return a "goodie" if it was their fault.  Plus you get your part at no cost.  Not that an extractor is that pricey but you already paid for one you shouldn't have to buy one.

I'd still contact S&W and have them fix it.  At least you'll have a spare then.

Out of curiosity, does the pistol use the same bolt and such as the rifle? I'm guessing yes but I dunno.
View Quote

Looks like it uses the same bolt.  I'll probably call S&W, but I'm not sending the gun in.  Too much trouble for what looks like $20 worth of parts.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Volquartsen. Mine shoots fine with no extractor.
View Quote

Ordered a Volquartsen and a Tandemcross.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Just for future reference, I contacted them because I lost the safety spring detent while changing the grip. I admitted that it was my own fault, asked if I could purchase one, and instead they sent me two springs, two detents, and a safety selector for free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top