Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 10:35:04 PM EDT
I have a friend that has a 07 with a SOT, he would like to have a DIAS made but doesn't have the equipment. Can he have a non sot machine shop make one for him under his license?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably not.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell him to buy a SOLGW, Centurion, or Sionics lower as all of them are not cut to m16 spec minus the 3rd pin hole. Engrave the lower and get a jig to drill and form 2. Someone else has lowers cut to that too that has been doing it longer but I can never think of the name.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:48:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Have them make pieces that aren't complete. Then he drills the holes, fits the body to final dimensions, and assembles.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tell him to buy a SOLGW, Centurion, or Sionics lower as all of them are not cut to m16 spec minus the 3rd pin hole. Engrave the lower and get a jig to drill and form 2. Someone else has lowers cut to that too that has been doing it longer but I can never think of the name.
View Quote
ADM is cut properly as well. MrGunsGear has a video on using the jig for the glory hole
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]
can he come to my shop and use my equipment?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
can he come to my shop and use my equipment?
View Quote

No, manufacturing activities must occur on the premises.  You would have to take your equipment to his shop.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get your ITAR paid also.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in the exact opposite position. I have an 01/03, machining equipment, but am not allowed by my municipality to become a 07/02 and manufacture (I'm zoned residential)

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm in the exact opposite position. I have an 01/03, machining equipment, but am not allowed by my municipality to become a 07/02 and manufacture (I'm zoned residential)
View Quote

You can do gunsmithing/repair.  Just have to be careful not to cross the line to manufacturing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top