Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2019 9:00:44 PM EDT
Hey guys, picked up a used STG556 Gen III. Has extraction issues, but the extractor seems to be serviceable. After some messing around in the field, we determined the pin that holds the extractor worked loose and was hanging up on the bolt sleeve a little. Took it apart and seated it. Shot about 20 rounds perfectly then it walked out and repeated extraction failures. The round get stripped but just lays there causing a double feed. I checked and it is bigger than an AR pin. Does anyone know if there is a compatible part? Maybe AR10 or AUG proper? Also anyone checked on the status of the Rat Works BCGs recently? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Might want to give Chris or Aaron a call at Ratworx. Might have a spare part laying around.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I also want to find out about there bcg. Are they better than factory msar ones? I’m a lefty and thinking about buying a msar that’s in 10k digit and nice shape. Anyway sounds like there lefty bcg be hard to come by. Does the factory one swap sides for lefty shooter or you have to get a lefty bcg? Trying to decide if I want to jump into it or not. It did feel good but get the cycling was tougher harder to pull back then expected. Was thinking even then a aug is I thought but been awhile since I had hands on aug.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Every once in a while they were making a run, you have to email or call and you get on a waiting list. I don't know if they do it anymore but when I got a spare
I was on the list for a better part of a year or more, long enough that when he called to ask me if I still wanted it I had long forgotten. As far as the pin size for the
OP I could measure mine and see if I have something suitable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Call the rats. They're putting left and right hybrid bolts on GB
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:48:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Looked today did not see any on GB. I emailed them to see if they are still making them. Did not see any on website and everything I saw was made by them as far as parts on GB.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Pin is 10.2 mm long by 3mm wide, solid pin, you do have a spring and O-ring under the back of the extractor for tension on the pin, yes?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been emailing them about once a year asking about another run of Hybrid bolts.  They initially said they were planning to run another batch but that was a few years ago and they haven't replied to my last couple of email inquiries.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Try calling, Chris or Aaron always answer the phone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top