Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 4:18:43 PM EDT
After many years and thousands of rounds of faithful service, the extractor claw on my stg556 finally gave out. I am not having any luck online finding a spare (or a whole bolt). Already emailed ratworx. Anyone has one they are willing to let go or can point me to a right direction. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Call the rats, man. Check on GB as well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Time for a real AUG.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Rat Worx were doing AR style bolts I believe on an annual basis, they needed so many before doing a run. If that's what they tell you let me know I'll put  a call in also.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
Rat Worx were doing AR style bolts I believe on an annual basis, they needed so many before doing a run. If that's what they tell you let me know I'll put  a call in also.
View Quote

Yeap give them a call. Emailed back and forth with Chris and he added me to the list, didn't say when the next run is
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm on the list.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the same problem, my extractor broke, due to me using some defective Steyr USA made AUG mags that nosed the rounds down hitting below the feed ramp and jamming the bullet back into the casing. Ended up with a paperweight temporarily. My Msar Stg556 was a range toy not my go to gun by any means. Ratworx luckily got me a new extractor and got on the waiting list for the hybrid bolt using AR parts. It took about a year to get the hybrid bolt but it works great.  I cleaned and lubed it and manually cycled the charging handle back and forth about 100 times before going to the range. Run it wet when you get it and also in the adverse gas setting to break it in. I was using weak .223 ammo then m193 spec ammo. Recommend also getting their improved bolt sleeve to go with the hybrid bolt as well as not getting rid of the factory one. Keep as a spare.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I also recommend the bolt sleeve, there is some on Gunbroker now from Ratworx
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dubagel:
I had the same problem, my extractor broke, due to me using some defective Steyr USA made AUG mags that nosed the rounds down hitting below the feed ramp and jamming the bullet back into the casing. Ended up with a paperweight temporarily. My Msar Stg556 was a range toy not my go to gun by any means. Ratworx luckily got me a new extractor and got on the waiting list for the hybrid bolt using AR parts. It took about a year to get the hybrid bolt but it works great.  I cleaned and lubed it and manually cycled the charging handle back and forth about 100 times before going to the range. Run it wet when you get it and also in the adverse gas setting to break it in. I was using weak .223 ammo then m193 spec ammo. Recommend also getting their improved bolt sleeve to go with the hybrid bolt as well as not getting rid of the factory one. Keep as a spare.
View Quote

Appreciate the advise. Also not my "go-to" gun, but has been a great range gun, can't wait to get it running again
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I should hopefully be on the list too.  I have emailed them about once a year for the last 3 or 4 years waiting on the next round of Right handed Hybrid bolts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
This is of interest to me.
I have an MSAR E4 with an FN barrel that is still unfired because of the concern of parts availability.

Not to hijack, what parts should we be finding to support these rifles?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is of interest to me.
I have an MSAR E4 with an FN barrel that is still unfired because of the concern of parts availability.

Not to hijack, what parts should we be finding to support these rifles?
View Quote

Steyr's kit consists of: "3 GAS PISTON RINGS 1 LOCK SPRING 1 GAS PISTON SPRING 1 LOCK SLEEVE 1 EXTRACTOR 1 EXTRACTOR PIN 1 EXTRACTOR SPRING 1 EJECTOR 1 EJECTOR SPRING 1 EJECTOR PIN 1 LOCKING PIECE 1 FIRING PIN WITH SPRING"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top