Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2018 11:03:52 AM EDT
In the market for a Trijicon MRO for my Scorpion carbine.  With both red and green dots available right now, which one would buy and why please?
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy green because I already have a red one for one of my ARs. Other than that, it's just personal preference. I would really like to try the green one out eventually.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you shooting at?  If it is paper, then it doesn’t matter.  If shooting out in the woods, you may want red.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 4 red MRO's only because that is what was available when I purchased them.  I would definitely go with Green and will for my next MRO purchase.  Most peoples eyes pick up the color green faster then red when it comes to optics.  Even outside in heavily wooded (foliage) areas you can see green better.  That is why so many optic manufacturers offer green now.  I have been told it is harder to make green optics (I don't know if that is true) but if it is maybe that is why it has taken them so long to come out with a green MRO.

I have 2 red and 2 green ACOGS and I prefer the green in all situations but then again that is JMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top