Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 2:21:30 PM EDT
I have a MKE, what is the best way to get a FBI lower for it?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The FBI doesn't want you to know this, but as a taxpayer, everything in their arms rooms is technically yours. You can walk right in and ask for the spare parts!

Or if you can find the selector and housing, GSC has the trigger pack itself:
https://www.gatewoodsupplyco.com/HK-Ambi-FBI-Semi-Auto-Trigger-Pack--9mm-_p_564.html

You can also look for someone selling an SP5 takeoff housing and drill the front takedown pin holes yourself.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
As the previous posters said, you'll need to replace your entire trigger pack with an "ambi" trigger pack in order to use the pictogram style ambi trigger housings.  Your AP5 comes with the older "SEF" style trigger pack.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
Here you go…

View Quote

Awesome Josh! Thank you.

Is this the best option to get an extended safety / selector for my AP5 or do they make an extended safety / selector for it?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:08:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QtrHorse] [#5]
Originally Posted By Medic17:

Awesome Josh! Thank you.

Is this the best option to get an extended safety / selector for my AP5 or do they make an extended safety / selector for it?
Thanks
View Quote

When you say FBI lower, what exactly do you mean?  Are you only wanting ambi controls and the different contour grip or the engraved pictogram  as well? If  you only want the same contour lower and ambi controls, get the Magpul lower, Magpul safety and your current trigger pack will work.

The Magpul safety will work with your current MKE lower and trigger pack as well if you only want an ambi safety.  The Magpul safety is so much better than the MKE safety.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

When you say FBI lower, what exactly do you mean?  Are you only wanting ambi controls and the different contour grip or the engraved pictogram  as well? If  you only want the same contour lower and ambi controls, get the Magpul lower, Magpul safety and your current trigger pack will work.

The Magpul safety will work with your current MKE lower and trigger pack as well if you only want an ambi safety.  The Magpul safety is so much better than the MKE safety.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

Awesome Josh! Thank you.

Thanks

I can use the Magpul lower? I thought I could not cause I have a front push pin.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]

I can use the Magpul lower? I thought I could not cause I have a front push pin.
View Quote

It does not require the front push pin, it uses the shelf.  The Magpul lower will only work with the full size, not the minis.
Top Top