Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2017 6:22:18 PM EDT
Just curious, are there any MG-42s out there on the registry and what the going rate?
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just curious, are there any MG-42s out there on the registry and what the going rate?
View Quote
There are plenty of transferrable MG-42's out there.....30-40K depending on manufacturer and condition.

hope you stocked up on 8mm ........an MG-42 is an expensive habit to feed....
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, I own two.  $30k-70k.  Depending on originality, matching, factory, and accessories.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#3]
And they are absolutely a blast to shoot.  If you don't have 8mm, there are excellent MG3 308 conversions kits out there for cheap as well.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There are plenty of transferrable MG-42's out there.....30-40K depending on manufacturer and condition.

hope you stocked up on 8mm ........an MG-42 is an expensive habit to feed....
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, I own two.  $30k-70k.  Depending on originality, matching, factory, and accessories.
View Quote
Thank you!  Much less than I expected!
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got one transferable Mg42.

Mg42s didn't always leave the assembly plant 100% matching, in fact its quite uncommon.
They weren't manufactured in a single factory per contract, often times the individual parts were spread across the region.

762x51 is easier on the receiver than 8mm.

Paid $37,500 from RIA back in 2015-2016.

Hope this answers your question.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Mines before I sold it was a mutt... it was a rewelded transferable MG42/59 setup. It was repaired by Black River Militia with a new trunion and it worked great but was still finicky in 8mm.

Truth be told..... I actually slept with my mines when the transfer finally came in.

I'm not joking......

Sold it to help pay for my ex wifes schooling....

biggest regret in the world.

Still have the m11, m16 and sear on my G3....but god I miss that belt fed.

I have thoughts of selling my g3 with the sear to get one but prices are sky rocketing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Had 2 captured MG3s (one Iranian, other Pakistani) along with two Turkish MKE MG3s out of our arms room in Iraq one year.  Wish the Hughes Amendment was never added

We had them Tig weld a broken bipod and M60 adapter to fit the pintal on my truck.  Used a HK 50 rd side basket when out and about.

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top